• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Peeps who try to workout and working graveyard shift

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
When do you work out? In the morning after your shift ends? or In the evening before your shift starts?

I work pretty much 6-6 with travel either side, same hours for dayshit and nightshift.

It's a lot easier on nightshift to get up at 2-3pm and train then, before work but a lot harder to do that on dayshift. I know a couple of guys that train in the morning after nightshift but i'm ready to crash out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I do day shifts usually 7am -5pm (9.5 hrs and half hour lunch) or arvos, 3pm to 1am, day shift I train straight after work, arvo's I train just before work. Sometimes do 6pm till 4am hate that shift but train before work usually. Shift rotate around week to week usually, doing days at the moment.

Last edited:
i work shift work, so ill do blocks of night shift then mixed up shifts in between. When Im on graveyard its pretty fatiguing on the body. Ill normally workout either at 4-5pm, or right before work at 10pm, pending how i slept in the day.

Never workout at the end of shift. Too hard to focus. Couple of work mates will go for a morning run, but none move plates.

I do day shifts usually 7am -5pm (9.5 hrs and half hour lunch) or arvos, 3pm to 1am, day shift I train straight after work, arvo's I train just before work. Sometimes do 6pm till 4am hate that shift but train before work usually. Shift rotate around week to week usually, doing days at the moment.

Holy shit, I thought life was meant to be easier in the country! That is some pretty awkward hours man.. 3pm to 1am sucks.

I work days now 11am to 7pm so training in the morning works just fine for me. When I used to work nights I had no energy whatsoever to train on either side of my shift. My body clock just didn't like it one bit. Whenever I did try there was hardly any energy and the warmup sets felt twice as heavy.

Holy shit, I thought life was meant to be easier in the country! That is some pretty awkward hours man.. 3pm to 1am sucks.

Funny thing is I have very easy hours, most people work either 7am to 7pm 6 days a week or 7pm to 7am six days a week. I love the 3pm shifts, it's probably my favourite, I don't get up to an alarm clock and get home at a reasonable hour, 6pm is the worst, and I am not a fan of starting at 7am either.

When I was cheffing, I would work either breakfast 4-12, lunch 7-3 or dinner 3-11 (well those were the 8 hour blocks but you'd usually do at least an hour more).
PM shifts were the best, like getting a sleep in every day, could train before work when the gym is empty and no traffic. Got sick of working every weekend though so pulled the pin and went mining :D