• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Every penny counts when you are living on struggle street Read more: http://www.smh.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
i love this story , it made me laugh my fucking arse off
Every penny counts when you are living on struggle street
Every penny counts when you are living on struggle street

now the mother interviewed in this article is struggling
lets take a look

The Green Valley mother of four has just applied to Centrelink for welfare benefits after her meagre savings began to dwindle under the burden of supporting her four children, aged between six and 11.
Ms Wilson, 44, is looking for a job as a teacher's aide but has struggled to find work. She believes without the help of friends, family members and the Salvation Army, her family would be destitute.

ok that sounds pretty much standard for struggling mums , you hear that story all the time , there is many in the same boat struggling to make ends meet

but the kicker
She pays $480 a week in rent, up to $800 a quarter on utilities and $200 a week on groceries. Having previously worked in the retail sector, she knows all the shopping tips, such as buying meat at the end of the day when it has been reduced. ''If the meat is really cheap, I buy it and freeze it,'' she said. ''It will last three to six months in the freezer.''
Her grocery staples are cheap and filling - bread, noodles and pasta. Fresh fruit and vegetables are a luxury with Ms Wilson buying tinned varieties because they last longer and there is less wastage. New clothes and shoes are also beyond Ms Wilson's budget, with family members chipping in when one of the children has a birthday. A couple of dollars a week are set aside for school excursions.
''I make a dollar stretch as far as I can,'' she said. ''With four kids, what else can I do?''
Ms Wilson's situation is not unusual. The Salvation Army's annual Economic and Soci

$480 fucking dollars in rent , and that is struggling ? $200 a week on groceries , fuck me , the poor darling sure is struggling

and looking for a job as a teachers aide , normally i understand where people are coming from when they say they are struggling , but this story is just a bit rich for my liking

$480 a week rent
$200 a week on groceries
looking for work as a teachers aide , well how about taking any fucking job that comes along , even if that means stacking boxes on a shelf

but obviously she isn't strugging that much if she can afford to pay $480 a week rent

and then has the nerve to hit up salvation army

Well said.

Find cheaper accommodation

Take any job on offer.

People need to help themselves sometimes.

Single Mother of 4. $200 in groceries per week wouldn't go far.

Renting a (I assume) house in Sydney wouldn't be cheap.

Green Valley is a shit hole of an area but the houses are huge and it's central to everything. If she moved down the road to Currans Hill she'd save minimum $100 a week in rent!

$200 a week isn't much to feed four kids and $480 a week for rent isn't a huge amount, especially in Sydney

$200 a week isn't much to feed four kids and $480 a week for rent isn't a huge amount, especially in Sydney

Either way if you can't afford 480 a week rent don't live there.

I'm sure we would all love to live in a bigger house in a better area but can't afford it.

Either way if you can't afford 480 a week rent don't live there.

I'm sure we would all love to live in a bigger house in a better area but can't afford it.
Of course and I agree Bazza but some of the replies here make it sound like she's living the high life.

bringing a quote from another forum member.
Hit the quote button then put your cursor between the 2 brackets

y9evuty5.jpg

I haven't been in the rental market for 30 years and after looking recently I'm shocked at how much it is, even here in Adelaide.

It's spastic in Perth. Probably 100-200/week under mortgage prices in most areas
A little 3/1 dog box in a half decent area will be over 400 a week. Want another bedroom or bathroom? Then move half hour out of the city and you'll still be up for 500 a week.