• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

You know you are too strong for a Commercial gym when.....

When you hang your gym bag and hoodie on the Smith Machine as you head off around the gym looking for the Power racks.

When you catch a half dozen people staring at your through a maze of a half dozen angled mirrors, all while you attempt a sub-maximal deadlift.

When you the PT tries to tell you that if you can't attempt a 1RM without chalk, that your grip must be poor. As if there is a 1:1 relationship between the two.

When the PT assumes that you don't train sufficiently for functional strength, after watching you deadlift or squat.

When you look around the gym on a reasonably full day, and aren't sure if anyone would be comfortable spotting you.

When you go to warm up with some dumbbells, and all of those in your warm up range are being used for working sets.

When you are performing lunges with the same weight that the guy beside you is squatting.

When you are surprised that the guy beside you is even squatting that much.

When you are surprised that the guy beside you is even squatting.

When you look at those thick ass bumper plates (like 80mm) and wonder if you're going to have room to fit on a bar clamp after setting up.

When you catch a half dozen people staring at your through a maze of a half dozen angled mirrors, all while you attempt a sub-maximal deadlift.

When you the PT tries to tell you that if you can't attempt a 1RM without chalk, that your grip must be poor. As if there is a 1:1 relationship between the two.

When the PT assumes that you don't train sufficiently for functional strength, after watching you deadlift or squat.

When you look around the gym on a reasonably full day, and aren't sure if anyone would be comfortable spotting you.

When you go to warm up with some dumbbells, and all of those in your warm up range are being used for working sets.

When you are performing lunges with the same weight that the guy beside you is squatting.

When you are surprised that the guy beside you is even squatting that much.

When you are surprised that the guy beside you is even squatting.

When you look at those thick ass bumper plates (like 80mm) and wonder if you're going to have room to fit on a bar clamp after setting up.

Looks like you need to train at home. :p

Yeah is the best. I love home training.

What's that, it's 2330 and i feel like training?

What's that, I want to train in compression pants only?

What's that, I want to stare at myself intently in the mirror while posing/performing isolation exercises.

The only person judging me is me.

And I'm thinkin 'That guy is a douche. And I enjoy training at home'

Hehe. Gotta love home training.

You know you are too strong when you need to search the whole gym for enough 20's to even do worksets. Lol.

Also when someone asks you "doesnt that bar hurt your back when squatting?"...when you are still doing warmup sets.

Tim.

When the "fitness instructor" says to you "gee there's a lot of weight on the bar, please don't hurt yourself" when your just doing your regular deadlifts.

When you walk in to the gym, go and grab the bar and put it where you intend to train and before you've even loaded a plate on it someone wants to talk to you about your training.

When you catch the PT and his client in the background not training but sitting on the leg extension machine and watching you do squats.

- Yes I do wear a belt, those things around my knees are called knee wraps. How about concentrating on "training" your client and leaving me to do my squats kunce! God that raged me out.

Got so many bent bars at our work gym. They'd probably only be 6 months old :(
That'll learn em for buying cheap crap for big boys.

When I was in England in April I was training an old female friend and while she did her cardio I was doing my own thing and this day I was squatting. I believe I worked up to 140kg on front squats for a single and did 10x100kg and 20x60kg.

Afterwards she came down and I just did the same workout she did to encourage her through it. She didn't have big legs and her squat was suffering so afterwards we went to the leg press. When it came to my set I just loaded it up to the last pin and after about 15 reps the wire snapped and the plate stack came crashing down

We did leg curls and extensions next

I've got nothing. There are actually some relatively strong guys at my commercial gym. Not PL strong but decent.

This is of course the minority.

And the fact that I can only just bench 100kg, I don't think I'm too strong for a commercial gym anytime soon haha