• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Neck work

Neck is an extremely strong group of muscles, train it and traps and it will thicken up a lot.
i hate mine, I need a longer one.

Yeah I already do plenty of shrugs but after hurting my neck a few times this year have been looking at what else I can do.

Something you might consider, and it's pretty simple, and I think it's pretty effective.

what you need is;
a tight beeny or hat
a strap of velcro
a resistance band

put on the beany, strap the Velcro around it, loop the band through it first.

hold the resistance band out front of you, where you hold the band and how far is up to you.

tilt you head back, and repeat until burning sensation arrives

bridges forward and back was all we ever did at bjj. Definitely helped. As with any exercise be careful and start slowly.

I used to do neck work years ago when I was playing more sport.

Flexion: lying on a bench face up, head off the end of the bench. Small plate and a folded towel on the forehead.
Extension: I bought a head strap and used a loading pin for this. The ironmind head strap is very comfortable: Headstrap Fit for Hercules neck harness for neck strength-ironmind
Side flexion: either with bands or isometric pushing against my hand

Never spent much time doing it but I felt good when I did.

The Nautilus 4 way neck machine is good but I haven't seen them in many gyms.

Anyone else notice the wonky upright row in this link?

uprightbbrow2.jpg

Attachments

• uprightbbrow2s.jpg
    uprightbbrow2s.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 32