• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench Polkov

SIR BENCHALOT
I can understand why we can't stir up forum members, but I can't understand how we can't discuss the movement style of an exercise.

Big deal that it is a legitimate part of sport; we should be able to discuss it

To quote a competitive lifter from my facebook feed today: "that forum is the bottom of the barrel."

If the powerlifting section is to ever draw competitive lifters then it needs legitimate and serious discussion about the sport. This is what it needs, not a bunch of non-competitive idiots questioning the legitimacy of one of the most impressive lifts I've seen this year. A hallmark of any decent powerlifting forum is that ridiculous discussion like this is not tolerated. It ruins the section. Please refrain from just coming into this forum and disparaging everything you see. Kindly don't be dicks or I'm just going to go on a post deleting and infraction giving frenzy.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5361]El Freako[/MENTION]; I think your a good Mod and a good bloke. I was just trying to draw the distinction between a "regular Deadlift" and what I consider a Powerlifting Competiton Deadlift.

yes, beyond sport of powerlifting where sumo is a legitimate option in terms of technique (although I don't like watching them), I think what Stiffy is saying is relevant for general sports training.

I would have thought conventional deads have more crossover effect for general sports conditioning that sumos.

but here is the problem, are we allowed to talk about weight training benefits in the powerlifting section?

but here is the problem, are we allowed to talk about weight training benefits in the powerlifting section?

You are allowed to talk about it yes, and you can discuss the pros and cons of each variation too, but you can't just wander into a thread about a world record lift and start saying its not a deadlift. There needs to be a balance here and unfortunately there isn't. We have maybe 4 active competitive lifters here and only 2 or 3 are regular posters, but we've got more than enough opinionated goons ready to derail any serious discussion with their irrelevant opinions. Because of this a lot of other competitive lifters don't even bother posting on this forum anymore.

The attitudes shown by some of the PLer's here are hardly encouraging for anyone looking at taking up the sport tbh. I find it offputting personally, because it seems like powerlifters are very easily offended, and can't handle criticism or debate.

On top of that, this forum is known for its fairly lax moderation in the other sections, it's a bit naive to think that somehow the PL section will be immune from it. Are there even any 'serious' PL forums in Australia other than the nearly deserted Pro Raw one?

If this is such an endemic problem El Freako, perhaps the actual 'competitive' PL stuff needs to be separated from the stuff about moving weights in a fashion not pertaining to bodybuilding.

Last edited:
The attitudes shown by some of the PLer's here are hardly encouraging for anyone looking at taking up the sport tbh. I find it offputting personally, because it seems like powerlifters are very easily offended, and can't handle criticism or debate.

On top of that, this forum is known for its fairly lax moderation in the other sections, it's a bit naive to think that somehow the PL section will be immune from it. Are there even any 'serious' PL forums in Australia other than the nearly deserted Pro Raw one?

If this is such an endemic problem El Freako, perhaps the actual 'competitive' PL stuff needs to be separated from the stuff about moving weights in a fashion not pertaining to bodybuilding.

thats bullshit this forum encourages noobs, what's annoying is two **** who bombard threads with their same bullshit. If @goosey; & his bum boy [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; didnt pepper threds with the sme lame shit it'd be a lot better.

sometimes it's 2 whole pages always the same one word post that are in jokes between the two queers

Last edited by a moderator:
@Brick ; the Powerlifters are abit more agro that's for sure. Noobs to the forum have gotten treated roughly at times in the past, experienced noobs too.

@Brick, I'm reminded of the thread that @spartacus started not all that long ago... I'm just saying that as someone who originally joined this forum due to the powerlifting section (as I saw that Markos used to post a lot), it's not a very welcoming place.

It's like as soon as someone says something that is critical of PL or a lift or a fed, all of the PL experts (no sarcasm) on here jump down their throats telling them they don't know shit etc etc, but it's fine to bash Crossfit and BB? Fair's fair. I just block out the shitposting.

Even 4chan has legitimate powerlifting, strongman and weightlifting discussion now

Even 4chan has legitimate powerlifting, strongman and weightlifting discussion now

OWG / PLG have been around for a while; since nearly every other thread on /fit/ is shitpost central, they're actually breddy good. Do you happen to trip in one by any chance

It's a religion for some. Defend the honour of a plastic trophy, because at the end of the day that's all that is at stake here. Some people even spend money on PED's to get there!

I think we ought to be free to call a sumo deadlift a sissy lift. Sure, it's legal as the rules say nothing about it.

But why are the squat and bench regulated and not the deadlift?

32 inches is the maximum width allowed on the bench press, irrespective of how long your arms are.

The bar can't be more than an inch below the top of the deltoid in the squat even if you are 7 feet tall and your hands are not allowed to go beyond the sleeves.

There's also no rule on aesthetics. Chipmunk faced lifters should not be allowed......

thats bullshit this forum encourages noobs, what's annoying is two **** who bombard threads with their same bullshit. If @goosey; & his bum boy [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; didnt pepper threds with the sme lame shit it'd be a lot better.

sometimes it's 2 whole pages always the same one word post that are in jokes between the two queers

QFT.

Tim.