• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
in general, I think AusBB is quite good; both informative and amusing.

Even now, we are talking about it, so good will probably come from it.

Most of us shape up when asked.

The sumo deadlift doesn't inherently make you a better deadlifter
Putting the bar halfway down your back will make you a better squatter
Using a wider grip than allowed will make you a better bencher

thats bullshit this forum encourages noobs, what's annoying is two **** who bombard threads with their same bullshit. If @goosey; & his bum boy @Darkoz ; didnt pepper threds with the sme lame shit it'd be a lot better.

sometimes it's 2 whole pages always the same one word post that are in jokes between the two queers
Sorry Brickhead, being agro will not increase your height or reduce your gut

Thats the best you got? C'mon darkoz you're Whittier then that.

GIRL, PLEASE. YOU'RE PERPETUATING UTERUS-BEARER SUPERIORITY & CISGENDER OPINIONS, YOU WHITE-NORMATIVE TERF!!!! DON'T MENTION FAT SHAMING, IT'S TRIGGERING TO ME!!!!!!!! why is it so hard for you to stop hypersexualizing agender & androamorous-type dogkins!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE AGAINST FANDOMISM & MULTIPLE SYSTEMS, YOU BINARY-NORMATIVE FASCIST????? I DON'T NEED YOUR GODDAMN ADVICE, YOU GENDER-ELITIST SHIT STAIN!!!!!!!! oh my god!!!!!! SCREW YOUR FUCKING MIDDLE CLASS OPINIONS, YOU SMALLFAT-ELITIST TROLL!!!! i'm 100% done.

The attitudes shown by some of the PLer's here are hardly encouraging for anyone looking at taking up the sport tbh. I find it offputting personally, because it seems like powerlifters are very easily offended, and can't handle criticism or debate.

I call it "sick of the same old shit" rather than easily offended.

On top of that, this forum is known for its fairly lax moderation in the other sections, it's a bit naive to think that somehow the PL section will be immune from it.

As the main PL section mod I try to keep the moderation a bit stricter here but I have to walk a fine line between firm and nazi.

Are there even any 'serious' PL forums in Australia other than the nearly deserted Pro Raw one?

I don't think there are many highly active PL forums at the moment. Proraw doesn't seem to get any new content at all these days and even though my own United Strength forum has regular activity its still only a small crew of regulars, but both of these are niche forums. Ausbb benefits from being a first stopping point for any gym rat but you need to give them something to hang around for.

If this is such an endemic problem El Freako, perhaps the actual 'competitive' PL stuff needs to be separated from the stuff about moving weights in a fashion not pertaining to bodybuilding.

If there was more traffic here this might be a good idea but its not worth it now. Lets just say that whenever we're talking about powerlifting we mean competitive powerlifting.

One thing I would note with the power lifting/strength forum would be that I see relatively few posts related to the strength side of the forum.

I realise that powerlifting as a sport is a main focus here, but there could be a lot of valuable discussion if there was more posts around strength training for other sports such as strongman, field athletics, Highland games, Olympic lifting etc. these are sports where you need to be strong, but would take a different training approach to a powerlifter.

Perhaps the different focuses of different sports would help reduce the crap put on some powerlifting technique as it is simply different techniques for different goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't set out to ridicule the sport of power lifting, I have most respect for a lot of people I've met and talked to and enjoy talking about lifting in general.

i like to think I totally understand the concept of the sport.

ive only commented on certain things, like;

the severe arching of the back for some, when benching
the shallow squatting depth of some.
and recently the dead lifting attempt of that last video.

but again I understand that some need to (due to body types) get themselves in a position to move the required weight, on competion day.

and through these discussions, it has time and time again been discussed that most power lifters don't exclusively train this way, but also add bodybuilding type workouts (when they can) to extend their lifting careers.

I've also seen this first hand at PTC.

its a tough gig to try and stay injury free for long periods of time, especially for the blokes that are pushing their limits.

And I understand why you get shitty at certain comments.

Last edited:
I am personally finding Sumo a much greater technical challenge then I had anticipated I find the movement is harder for me and asks for more carry over then conventional did. I am made do conventional as part of my preparation for stronger sumo. I love both styles but I need more strength for sumo then I did conventional at the moment my sumo is terrible.

Last edited:
I found out a couple of lifters in a given fed who I honestly thought of as natty were barely natty so I have a poo in my bum about it. I never cease to be disappointed. Pathetic ******ry at its worst - getting to Elite grades on a thousands of dollars worth of juice and claiming all natty. It really is sport of weaklings with no future. Strong while on, couldn't lift a muesli bar while not. Why the fuck would I want to waste my 30 years of dedication and slow gains on the same lifting platform as a juiced twerp who will be in and out of the game in five years, never to lift a barbell again.

go watch even a state-level weightlifter in action and then contrast that with Harry high squat and his 100 metre long knee wraps, lever belt and nauseating death metal music with half a dozen nut Huggers patting him on the back after each set. Joke.

I'd like to put a positive spin on powerlifting right now. Not everyone is on drugs.
The rise in the number of people just trying to lift their strength and fitness with powerlifting is a great thing.
Seeing skinny blokes get bigger and stronger and fitter.
Watching mums and housewives get inspired and realise they can have a goal too and seeing how they excited they are with their personal bests.
Getting bigger names from Europe and the US come over to compete and give seminars.
Me personally, did not realise just how weak and skinny fat unhealthy I was. I've barely skipped a beat in 3 years, still love it, always learning and I'm in the shape of my life. My missus and kids love it.
I say all power to those who have a crack in body building, powerlifting, crossfit, Olympic lifting, tough mudder or whatever.