• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oh those Chinese

SHELTON STEVENS : A Look Behind The Gold of Chinese Weightlifting

TRAINING

* The Chinese have no specific routine, but more like an outline of what certain days will be focused on.

*China demands and expects to be the best in the world, so the pressure to be great is very high.

* Coaches work on finding weaknesses the athletes need to work on. Absolute strength is more important than speed strength. They don’t care how fast the athletes squat or pull is. One must be fast regardless of how they train.

*The athletes train roughly 25hrs/week and spend another 12 on recovery

*Advanced lifters usually train 8 sessions/week with each day being focused on a particular lift (Snatch, Clean, Jerk, etc.) Heavy Squats and Pulls are not done in the same session due to back fatigue.

*Very short rest periods, work done at 85-90% 2 mins of rest at most.

*They perform a lot of “bodybuilding” accessory work post lift. This may include 1-arm DB presses, Dips, Handstand Push-ups, Lat Pull Downs, Back Extensions, and tons of core work. All these usually performed in the 10-15 rep range. “Bigger muscles mean more strength”

*On their recovery days they consider running, jumping and other accessory work as recovery. I will go more in depth with in the recovery section.

This was already posted. It's like Chinese whispers on this forum sometimes

So does nearly every other country

not many countries have 1.35 billion in population from which to find "the best cattle".

Did it say anything about State sanctioned PED usage?

Hmm, must of missed it.

What where your thoughts on the blog when it was originally posted?

I liked it, many of the principles listed I abide by myself for powerlifting.

I forgot that every other country has a billion people living in it :confused:

not many countries have 1.35 billion in population from which to find "the best cattle".

Did it say anything about State sanctioned PED usage?

How many of those 1.35 billion go to school? How many of them get to train for several sports while they are in school?
How many of the 20 million Australian's went to school and how many of them trained in several sports while they were there?
China has won 526 total medals compared to Australia's 479