• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fatiguing muscle groups prior to doing compound lifts

Pecs do not push. They bring the arms across the chest.

yolo. I think he means he takes the front delts out by pre fatiguing then the Tris do the pushing with the Chest doing the pulling across the body which brings the arms inward and upward during benching yolo.

Fatiguing muscle groups prior to doing compound lifts
There has to be a reason for it. That reason would be apparent only after (say) a good couple of years of training. Seeing (for example) that your chest muscles are not being stimulated enough whilst performing chest before shoulders (or even a chest workout by itself performing compounds before isolation movements), here you would have a valid reason to introduce the pre-exhaust method into your workout. To do so would be to bring up a lagging muscle via an increase in blood supply and more muscle activation. So the purpose here is two fold as I see it: 1) blood supply, and 2) enough muscle activation. You achieve #2 by the introduction of an isolation movement such as d/bell flys for the chest before moving on to a compound exercise such as weighted push ups, bench press etc. And you achieve #1 (blood supply), by performing high reps (30-50) the day after you've done your chest for example. Here the 50 reps serve not to micro tare the chest muscles and degrade them further no, ...here it's to introduce nutrients rich blood into that damaged muscles to help it with its recovery process. So it suffices to say the weight for the high reps should be very light.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Interesting concept on forcing blood back in to the area the following day Fadi. Makes sense and I would assume that this would otherwise be a rest day?

You're saying similar to what Silverback was, in that compounds should follow flyes (for this method of training). Do you recommend the same superset method with no rest or are you suggesting to fully fatigue them with sets of flyes before moving to compounds?

There has to be a reason for it. That reason would be apparent only after (say) a good couple of years of training. Seeing (for example) that your chest muscles are not being stimulated enough whilst performing chest before shoulders (or even a chest workout by itself performing compounds before isolation movements), here you would have a valid reason to introduce the pre-exhaust method into your workout. To do so would be to bring up a lagging muscle via an increase in blood supply and more muscle activation. So the purpose here is two fold as I see it: 1) blood supply, and 2) enough muscle activation. You achieve #2 by the introduction of an isolation movement such as d/bell flys for the chest before moving on to a compound exercise such as weighted push ups, bench press etc. And you achieve #1 (blood supply), by performing high reps (30-50) the day after you've done your chest for example. Here the 50 reps serve not to micro tare the chest muscles and degrade them further no, ...here it's to introduce nutrients rich blood into that damaged muscles to help it with its recovery process. So it suffices to say the weight for the high reps should be very light.

Fadi.

Fadi I believe you nay of just read this strait off tnation.com from Christian thibadeau pretty much word for word

Fadi I believe you nay of just read this strait off tnation.com from Christian thibadeau pretty much word for word
Where do I start! Caino, why are you accusing me of plagiarising someone else's writing before you gather all your facts? Would you be courteous enough to at least give me a link to this website and that article I'm supposed to have basically copied word for word, as you so believe!

Time for some facts:

1. I joined Ausbb on July 2009
2. About a month after joining, on the 27th of August 2009 I wrote this: Fadi on Bodybuilding ...have you read it ?!

Now if you read that article of mine, you would know that I get into a discussion on the benefits of high repetition and blood supply on one's day off etc....
Please go over that site that you've made mention of and this time try to politely ask Mr Christian thibadeau if he has actually been over here on Ausbb reading few things. Make sure you ask instead of accuse ok Caino!

Now that I've given you the date of this Fadi on Bodybuilding , I'd be very interested to see the date of the article Mr Christian thibadeau wrote. Please provide this intelligent forum with such crucial information, that's the least you could do.

For the record, I have not been on the site you've mentioned, nor have I seen or heard anything about Mr Christian thibadeau or his writings.

Fadi.

Whoa whoa whoa ease up big guy did i say plagiarism at any.stage?

2. I meant this in a good way Christian thibadeau is a genious so chill out mate

Interesting concept on forcing blood back in to the area the following day Fadi. Makes sense and I would assume that this would otherwise be a rest day?
Not necessarily a full rest day no. In other words you could be training (say) legs the next day, and that would be quite alright to pump some blood into your chest area. No need for a gym trip either, since we're dealing with very high reps and a light load. A pair of 10kg d/bells performing 100 flys would do just fine. That measly looking 10kg d/bell would soon add up to 1000kg by the time 100 reps are completed!
You're saying similar to what Silverback was, in that compounds should follow flyes (for this method of training). Do you recommend the same superset method with no rest or are you suggesting to fully fatigue them with sets of flyes before moving to compounds?
It's a personal preference here really regarding the supersetting. As long as the main goal is achieved, in that the larger and stronger muscle is temporarily pre-exhausted, then all is good. As I've already said earlier, there has to be a reason for the introduction of this method we call the pre-exhaust method. This is not like other methods, where a higher intensity is being sought after for example. A method of (say) ascending followed by descending, with rest pause injected in between to really stimulate deep muscle fibre micro trauma and force adaptation and ultimately growth (through nutrition and rest).

Fadi.

2. I meant this in a good way Christian thibadeau is a genious so chill out mate
I let others judge what you've said thank you. Let's leave it here shall we...

Ps: I'm still after that link, if you wouldn't mind Sir.

Fadi.

Not a problem. Please tell me a bit about yourself, I'm impressed with that photo in your avatar, ..chiselled muscles I see there mate. Drive safely...

Fadi.

looks to me that's exactly what you accused Fadi of Caino
Fadi is smarter and more humble than anyone over at Drug Nation
But since you haven't been a member here for very long you can be excused for not knowing who Fadi is.

Last edited:
looks to me that's exactly what you accused Fadi of Caino
Fadi is smarter and more humble than anyone over at Drug Nation
But since you haven't been a member here for very long you can be excused for not knowing who Fadi is.

Fuck you two are making a bigger deal. Of this then the infamous Tony Abbott wink

Just provide the link. Perhaps Mr Tiberehabuauaua is plagiarizing Fadi.