• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Green Tea Supplements: Do they work?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Do green tea supplements really work to control your appetite and increase your metabolism?
who has had success with them ?

I bought some a while back, but was taking them for the antioxidant content rather than anything else, got the capsules from BN, not sure they did anything, I might still have some here, will be cleaning out all my supps shortly and will just burn them all up ie use them all up.

I just drink a shite load of tea. Feel better having it but can't say if it helps weight loss or anything like that

Me too, it tastes better as a drink than in a capsule thats for sure. I have it after each meal and find it helps with digestion and overall well being. I don't care if its placebo, if it makes me feel good either way then bring it on.

Yeah, if I ever feel like I ate too much a cup of green tea soon sorts it out. Really like oolong too

Enjoy drinking it more than the capsules but it's a welcome addition to any fat burner, certainly not a magic pill though!

My friends 17 year old son started a product called "bodytea" as a means to make some pocket money on the side. He done his research and had some tea mix made in China. He has been on a few breakfast morning shows the last couple of months and pulling in 10k plus a week. Just purchased a nice bmw as well.
Not bad pocket money to have.

My friends 17 year old son started a product called "bodytea" as a means to make some pocket money on the side. He done his research and had some tea mix made in China. He has been on a few breakfast morning shows the last couple of months and pulling in 10k plus a week. Just purchased a nice bmw as well.
Not bad pocket money to have.

I seen that on one of the morning shows, good on him for getting in there and giving it a crack

if he didn't do it, someone else would. I had idly thought about starting a protein powder business myself, since idiots pay huge sums for skim milk powder, or whey + sugar

I've taken it in the past, mostly because it's generally very cheap so why not. I used to actually drink green tea but I just can't stand the taste. Especially when you're at the end of the cup and it's all concentrated and lukewarm. Damn near makes me vomit. Still have most of a couple of bottles of green tea caps, I pop a couple with meals when I think of it.

Do green tea supplements really work to control your appetite and increase your metabolism?
who has had success with them ?
I would have to say yes but..., yes they do provide the above benefits but only indirectly. Green tea like black and white tea (and coffee) has caffeine in it that in turn stimulates your adrenal gland to kick in and start producing more adrenaline. More adrenaline equals more energy (hyper-energy at times) which results in a movement / an activity of some sort, or even in a faster heartbeat. All these factors contribute to one having less of an appetite and a faster metabolism due to the extra activity he or she is doing due to the introduction of caffeine into their system (irrespective of source).

Fadi.

Last edited: