• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
there is no real world record, there are IPF records, GPC, GPA, WDFPF, and so on. I think there are nine international feds at moment.

There can only be one world record if all feds are unified, or they recognise each other.

We can list all time records, but it does not really mean much given major differences between feds.

Last edited:
Meh, IPF world records are about as real as they get. At least you know the standards are as legit as they can be across the board there.

Edit: and that's not to take anything away from Lamar Gant, he was a beast, but he did pic the bar up, drop it, then try again in one attempt.

Last edited:
there is no real world record, there are IPF records, GPC, GPA, WDFPF, and so on. I think there are nine international feds at moment.

There can only be one world record if all feds are unified, or they recognise each other.

We can list all time records, but it does not really mean much given major differences between feds.

Are you stupid? The real world record is the one that is more than anyone else has done at that body weight. You know, the world record.
Also Dan Austin has the record, not Lamar Gant

There are no absolute world records anymore, although the IPF is generally most respected. A record is something recognised by a sport. When there are many feds, it is simply becomes confusing.

What you may say is that this guy lifted most weight ever in accordance to weighing in a certain division.

There are no absolute world records anymore, although the IPF is generally most respected. A record is something recognised by a sport. When there are many feds, it is simply becomes confusing.

What you may say is that this guy lifted most weight ever in accordance to weighing in a certain division.

Haha, you're a fucking idiot.

oni, me think you did 210kg deadlift with no gear, and 250kg with it, so you see you cant compare can you. you fucking idiot.

and if are telling truth that you deadlifted 240kg without, which I do not believe, then you are an even been bigger fucking idiot. 10kg improvement for all your raving and ranting, what a joke. Seriously, who would ask you for advice?

Last edited:
Geez, settle down. Just put each other on ignore so you don't have to read each others post or I'll do it.
[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; :mad::mad:

Shek, fair call.

But I merely made a point about the difficulty of defining world records today, without denigrating any fed.

Then, when I am abused, I naturally respond.

I wont respond in an aggressive tone anymore, although I will argue, but hope you moderators take not of any abuse from the little one.

oni, me think you did 210kg deadlift with no gear, and 250kg with it, so you see you cant compare can you. you fucking idiot.

and if are telling truth that you deadlifted 240kg without, which I do not believe, then you are an even been bigger fucking idiot. 10kg improvement for all your raving and ranting, what a joke. Seriously, who would ask you for advice?

Why do you honestly believe I care about what you have to say? Don't you understand by now? 10kg for all my ranting and raving, boo hoo, it's still more than you will EVER lift

so you reckon I cant lift 250kg, even with gear?

How about we put up $250 each in an account with Shrek, and i will do it this year. If I do it, I take your money. If I don't, you take mine.

Last edited:
eek.png

Spartacus I really don't give a shit. Like always you turn an argument personal. "There are no absolute world records anymore". That's an absolute lol. Then you get pissed and start ranting about steroids. Boo hoo.

Oni, you should debate comments rather than bagging people for their perceived abilities.

I am not bothered by my stated words. Records are specific to the fed you lift in, different drug rules and even lifting rules.

Gone are the days when one fed claims records, as will be the case until powerlifting gets IOC accreditation.

Alex, we should move to a first name basis of communication.

I do have a lot of respect for you. I have several of your movies, Madagascar 1, 2 and 3.

A world record is one in which nobody else has lifted more. Is Usain Bolt's world record in the 100m sprint nothing more than an "Olympic record"? No, it's the world record. Quit your stupid pseudo-macho bullshit with online bets for stupid amounts of money as well, you just come across as a tool. Yeah I know I do as well but the difference is you probably give a fuck about what other people online think about you.

Maybe I'll make my own fed and claim world records in every lift. Nobody will be able to criticize it according to you because my fed my rules. Gone are the days where the most weight lifted counts as the world record right?
Sweet 6lb 3oz tiny baby Jesus. I've made my point and it's not going anywhere and you've done yours so don't bother replying because I certainly don't care enough to read it