• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
don't know how or why given I have skinny legs, but my front squat has always been around 90% of best high bar back squat (no belt).

I don't have the technique/flexibility in the wrists to really test myself on front squats, so I tend to just chase the pump in the quads with them rather than go heavy like with back squats.. whenever the weight starts getting up, it starts slipping from my shoulders due to sweat.

My front squat is pathetic compared to back squat, like [MENTION=10506]judgey[/MENTION]; when I front squat I go for reps instead of weight as I don't think my technique is quite there...

I was reading a study a while ago about this and they claimed you should be able to front squat 85% of your back squat weight. But most people don't practice front squats enough to build it up.

I only front squat 50-60% of my back squat, but this is because I do them directly after back squats to get the quads burning.

I think the comparison is more applicable between front and high bar (and perhaps) upright squats.

for many, a powerifting squat is a totally different exercise.

Mine is about 70% of my back squat. I can just go over BW for front squat. I chicken out and bail as soon as I sense my stability starts to wane at this weight, so can't do too many reps just yet.

190 no wraps no belt back squat versus 145 no belt front squat.

Took me ages to bring my front squat up though

My best on the same day was a 150 low bar back and a 120 front, no belts or wrap , @75kg, So front was 80% of back

Didn't train for a week, 95x3 even felt heavy today :(
Best was 120x3 before my week off lol
Coming in at 75kg wringing wet atm though