• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Critique Please

P

piquet339

Be brutal. I can take it...

My history: Lifted for 3-4 years and took a 6 odd year break. Now back into it, so effectively a beginner. Looking to cut a little but mainly to put on muscle mass (Lost 20kgs through 2013). I also play Squash and Tennis weekly, mixed with carrying my golf bag on my back for 18 holes every Saturday.

Monday

Chinups 2x8
Squats 5x5
Flat Bench 5x5
Military Press 5x5
Bicep Curl 2x12
Dips 2x12

Wednesday
Chinups 2x8
Squats 5x5
Deadlift 2x5
Bent Over Row 3x8
Military press 5x5
Dips 2x12

Friday
Squats 5x5
Bench 5x5
Leg Curls 2x15
Deadlift 2x5
Leg Extentions 2x15
Bicep Curl 2x15

Cheers.

A.
Military Press 5x5
Squats 5x5 plus a 20 rep back-off set
Chinups 2x8
Flat Bench 5x5
Bicep Curl 2x12

^ What he said :)

May also find it a little hard to put on muscle with such and active routine also... squash + tennis ... Re-feed with beers on the 19th hole :cool:

Thanks for that guys.

RE: 19th hole beers - yes that is just a given + Friday lunch beers.

Also Silverback, pardon my ignorance but what are shurgs?

Questions for you Silverback:

Re B:
There are no rows listed - should the chins on day B be rows?
Dips - I know you don't believe in chest or tricep dips, but are you expecting these to be performed upright with arms close?

Re C:
Bench - flat again?

Questions for you Silverback:

Re B:
There are no rows listed - should the chins on day B be rows?
Dips - I know you don't believe in chest or tricep dips, but are you expecting these to be performed upright with arms close?

Re C:
Bench - flat again?

chins, squat and dead's are the key.

deads, squat and SLDL's can be hard yakka on the back if one is also doing BB rows.

if he's going to row, he would better better served using a chest supported device.

There is only one way to do dips. This is only my opinion.

bench twice?
done right, they are a good exercise.

Agreed - I tend to stick with hammer strength rows to avoid lower back fatigue.

And yeah I'd be pretty happy with just doing chins, squats, deads (and dips).