• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What hammy work do you do?

SLDL don't seem to work for me, unless I'm doing it wrong however regular deadlifts I find work them more.

They are a bit tricky to get right. I think where most people stuff them up is by going too heavy, which makes you do a deadlift, and by not sticking your butt back enough. Where a deadlift is about pulling your body/back upright, SLDL are more about sticking your butt and hips back. Also try going down slow, then up fast and see if that makes a difference.

Deadlifts from boxes is very good. Bar at mid shin to knee level. Any sort of hip hinge that doesn't have leg extension involved is going to be great.
I really like doing leg curls prior to squatting as well. That's a good one for both the entire thigh

SLDL.

start with doing this exercise with a slight bend in the knee.

your goal overtime is to do this exercise with straight, stiff legs.
it can take a while for some.

SLDL.

start with doing this exercise with a slight bend in the knee.

your goal overtime is to do this exercise with straight, stiff legs.
it can take a while for some.

I'm still not at that stage and it's been a fair while. Admittedly, I don't do it every week consistently..

I feel SLDL cannot be beaten. GHR and box squats work ok too, but SLDL nails them the best I reckon.

I'm still not at that stage and it's been a fair while. Admittedly, I don't do it every week consistently..

That's cool if you understand that.

it took some time (slow progression) but I can now do a work set of 12 reps x 115kg with a straight leg and an arched lower back.
thats directly after the leg press.