• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
Let's have a full body thread. Who here trains full body? I always really liked it. There is a big shift lately towards spending a day on each lift and body part splits. I've never grown as much on these types of training though and never got as strong! List some good full body workouts below. Strongman and weightlifting welcome!

This article is a fav of mine and a big influence in my own training:
The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: Full-Body Workouts - C.S. Sloan

Deadlifting for 20 sets @ 2 reps is not full body

The days I deadlift on I do:
Light squat, heavy deadlift, heavy rows, calves

light deadlift, dips, hamstrings, arms, calves

heavy deadlift, light press, dips, hamstrings, arms, calves

Looks pretty full body to me

A good full body routine incorporates lower and upper muscle groups doing the bulk of some sort of mechanical work of the major muscle groups.
starting with the big muscles first, something like this;

squat,pull, push...yes, pull then push.

One of mine is close (which occurs twice a week)
Squat, OHP, dips
Makes for a great workout

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

My current program

Monday
Squat
Bench (touch and go)
Close grip bench or dips
Chins

Wednesday
Deadlift
Bench (pause)
Front squat
Press (alternate military and push press weekly)

Friday
Squat (pause)
Bench (long pause)
SLDL

Similar to mine kinda.

Monday
Comp squat
Comp bench
Bench variation

Tuesday
Comp Deadlift
Bench variation
Squat variation

Thursday
Squat variation
Bench variation
Overhead press or pushpress

Friday
Deadlift variation
Bench variation
Deadlift variation or bent row (I alternate snatch grip deadlift and bent rows week to week).

All the variation lifts are alternated week to week. Basically a fortnight rotation.

Tim.

We're going the same program from the looks of it - the RTS generalised intermediate program. I based mine off yours but altered it to make it 3 days a week. I do all the weekly alternating variations too, but couldn't be bothered going into too much detail. How are you finding it? It's working very well for me at the moment.

We're going the same program from the looks of it - the RTS generalised intermediate program. I based mine off yours but altered it to make it 3 days a week. I do all the weekly alternating variations too, but couldn't be bothered going into too much detail. How are you finding it? It's working very well for me at the moment.

Yeah thats the one I based mine off.
Couple of different lift choices but more or less the same.

Yeah I love it. Keeps me way more interested than just focussing on one lift per day.

Pb'ing nicely at the moment.

Tim.