• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
There is walking and running. Jogging is just a popular phrase used for slow running. Both running and walking can be either fast or slow

The other thing I like about walking are the postural benefits or wreckers.

Keeping in mind that the abs that help your posture are not so much the rectus abdominus (the six pack muscles) as the deep transverse abdominus (the vacuum muscles)
Too much contraction of the rectus and not enough of the TVA will actually make your posture worse.

Keeping good posture while walking is a subtle kind of coordination.
It could help to get used to standing with good posture and proper breathing first.

Focus on making yourself tall by straightening your spine some. The most common postural flaws are too much rounding in the upper and lower back. You want to restore the normal curve, not totally straighten it.

What happened to the last two posts?

Someone's vagina get hurt? I got your back [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; :D

I watched those vids you posted [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; they just talk about the Health benefits of Walking. That's undeniable. The last vid you posted talks about Marathons, not running or jogging. Marathons are retarded.

I power walk daily, twice. In the morning about 20 minutes full steam. Then 20 minutes in the arvo, usually with shopping bags full steam. It gets hard. But even that you get too conditioned to too quick for it to be Cardio.

Walk for Health, something else for Fitness, unless you're a pure Strength Athlete, Bodybuilder or Bro like [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

FFS, why are the Olympic Walking events 20km and 50km. Coz walking isn't high intensity enough for Men, unless you're in the S.A.S. with a full backpack going over the Brecon Beacons.

See that Lion you slack jawed phaggotts? I don't have to outrun it, I just have to outrun you!

Anyway, all these Pro Bodybuilders who walk for Cardio weight like 300lbs and they'd tear a Hammy, Calve Quad or whatever in a split second as soon as they broke into jog lol.

[MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION]; had a good Cardio regime. Jog and Swim circuits. Anyone know why? I've mentioned it previously.

Last edited:
Im going to say if what you are doing is easy enough that you can still check your grinder on your phone it's not hard enough to be exercise.

Even thought I don't have your app installed, I agree. If you can do the particular exercise while easily browsing on a phone, it's not really doing much other than burning calories. The rule of thumb I use is that if I can't hold a conversation (due to lack of breath), it's proper exercise.