• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Is it if you work in an office. I agree that it shouldn't really count, but so few people actually walk these days.

I'll try and avoid walking when I can. Especially walking for the sake of going for a walk. I fucking hate that.

It's funny that people class walking as exercise.

Well walking is what humans are build to do, we can do it for a long time and over great distances, yet a large part of the population struggle just to walk a couple of hundred metres.

And yes it most definitely is exercise.

I'll try and avoid walking when I can. Especially walking for the sake of going for a walk. I fucking hate that.

That's you, does not mean that everyone has to be the same, may be if you walked a bit more may be you would not have all the issues you have.

Plus it's good for the circulation and head space as I find that it clears the mind, and is quite enjoyable to spend some time out in nature with my dogs, but then again I recall that you also hate dogs, maybe be less bitter in life.

That's you, does not mean that everyone has to be the same, may be if you walked a bit more may be you would not have all the issues you have.

Plus it's good for the circulation and head space as I find that it clears the mind, and is quite enjoyable to spend some time out in nature with my dogs, but then again I recall that you also hate dogs, maybe be less bitter in life.

Please point out where I said or suggested everyone has to be the same as me.

I also said I avoid it when I can. That doesn't mean I don't walk. Whenever I've put a pedometer on I do around 30,000 steps a day. I hate it because I'm on my feet all the time.

I hate dogs because they make more work for me. Dogs around dairy cows is not a good combo.

Well walking is what humans are build to do, we can do it for a long time and over great distances, yet a large part of the population struggle just to walk a couple of hundred metres.

Walking is what you do to get from point a to point b. If you class it as exercise no wonder your body looks like a lava lamp.

I also said I avoid it when I can. That doesn't mean I don't walk. Whenever I've put a pedometer on I do around 30,000 steps a day. I hate it because I'm on my feet all the time.

I spend all day walking and climbing ladders.

Fuck walking and any variant thereof.

I spend all day walking and climbing ladders.

Fuck walking and any variant thereof.

I used to love camping and all that shit in my spare time. Now that I'm out working outside in the elements every day I find that's the last thing I want to do in time off.

I think that's true with everything; if you have to do it, it's no longer enjoyable. Seeing myself and others don't walk around all day, planning a walk/hike is something different and is a good way to get outside and exercise.

I don't class Walking as Exercise. I acknowledge its health benefits, certainly. But I tried doing a lot of walking a few years ago, like 6 plus hour walks, long distances. No real fitness improvements what so ever, obviously. Probable health benefits, yes, apart form the Skin Cancer.

Walking for health needs to be combined with higher intensity stuff for fitness. But, since Noah was in nappies, Bodybuilders have been doing it for calorie expenditure.

On spread @Bazza20; and @Big Mick; rip n tear kunce! Take no prisoners! :)

Have to agree with the stoff meister. Not that i ever find that particularly difficult!

I walk all the time now. No fitness benefit so to speak...
Just my hips feel better.

Tim.

walking just doesn't get the heart rate up enough to be classed as exercise. Playing video games probably does more.

Now something like hiking though some difficult terrain I could class that as exercise.

Im going to say if what you are doing is easy enough that you can still check your grinder on your phone it's not hard enough to be exercise.

Perhaps the experts have got it all wrong. However I'd like to think (based on the evidence provided by such people), that they've actually got it right.