• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I've recently moved back to full body. Not sure how long this will last. I've been doing semi-circuits; doing work sets for 1-2 exercises while doing warm up sets for another. For example, I might be doing 5x5 squats, 3x10 bench press and 1 set of weighted pull ups for every set of bench press. So, I'll do a set of bodyweight squats, a set of bench at 20kg, and a set of weighted pull ups in my first round. Keep adding weight to squats and bench press in increments of about 20kg. Since I can squat twice what I can bench press, after a couple rounds I'm doing work sets of bench and pull ups, but still lightly warming up squats. By the time I'm up to my working weights for squats, I've done all my sets of bench and pull ups, and can focus strictly on squats. There's normally only a couple other people in the gym at the time when I'm in, so this hasn't been an issue so far. My schedule will be different for the next few weeks, though, so I might have to adjust my workouts to make sure I'm not pissing people off by using up 3 different pieces of equipment at once.

Agree with bozodos... Those are about my weights and the body just needs time to recover man. But I guess I ain't 20 anymore!

The same with most body parts, but legs especially. I enjoy being able to walk.

Full body is ok for maintenance if you are pressed for time.

Three compound exercises for 4-5 work sets each
Two accessory exercises for 2 sets each.

Twice per 7-8 days.

Full body is ok for maintenance if you are pressed for time.

Three compound exercises for 4-5 work sets each
Two accessory exercises for 2 sets each.

Twice per 7-8 days.
How often do you bench? (or did you when trying to get stronger)

What's your set / rep range protocol?

How often do you bench? (or did you when trying to get stronger)

What's your set / rep range protocol?

Generally you need about 3 days between bench sessions if you are training in the 90% + range.

The 4-5 worksets should never be at less than 80% of 1RM and the reps are almost to failure. For instance at 90% you would typically be 5-6 reps but the last set would probably fail at 4. A

drop set with lighter weight to failure is ok if you feel like it. The jury is out on whether the drop set does anything for strength conditioning or is merely a bodybuilding bro thing. I think it helps with strength-endurance.

You're probably right. But I love training the way I do. Mixing it up, thinking outside the square, plus I love my running and swimming. Unfortunately mass gain and swimming/running/cross training don't always go hand in hand.

You can still be big and fit, just not a mass monster.

How you look now is an ideal physique, for anything. Swimming, running, weights... tough mudder haha

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

marvin-eder-bodybuilder-biceps-triceps.jpg

Trained full body, 3-4x a week. My goal physique and one of my many inspirations in training. 5'8 and 90kg LEAN
He could do 1,000 dips in 17 minutes

You're probably right. But I love training the way I do. Mixing it up, thinking outside the square, plus I love my running and swimming. Unfortunately mass gain and swimming/running/cross training don't always go hand in hand.

You can still be big and fit, just not a mass monster.

yeah I trained full body 3 times per week, and heavy for many years, even as an experienced lifter. The other days did intense cardio or HIIT. It was the most enjoyable time of my workout life and somewhat addictive, but the gains strength wise weren't there. But I was the fittest I have ever been (and a sexual beast).

Working out a certain way will not turn you into a Frank Zane, or a Bill Kazmier, Dan Green, Steve reeves and such...

Did I really need to type this?

Yeah Reeves also trained full body
In fact everyone in that era

Then GH came along

So why and how do you intend to look like that?
just interested.
is it because you think you have similar shape?

I'd love to look like that. Wouldn't you?
My arms and chest have a long, LONG way to go. He is a good 15kg of muscle heavier than me. Our frames are similar. Even if I don't look exactly like that (which I wouldn't, just look at my traps lol) that is the sort of size and conditioning I desire for sure!

4bef4-MarvinEderMASSIVE.jpg

You either get bigger or you get smaller
Keep getting bigger and the frame will fill out
"Proportions" is just fucking stupidity. You can't really grow effectively without being well-rounded and being well-rounded will give you your own, individual shape