• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need power rack i can deadlift inside

S

swarmski

Hi all,

1st post and i hope you can help me out ;)

Im looking at getting a Power rack for my garage. There is a smaller space then i would like, but its what i have to work with. I can fit a rack in, but it would be too much of a squeeze trying to deadlift outside the rack.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the following are narrow enough to support Deadlifts inside the rack (without the plates hitting the floor supports). Be awesome if you could say how much cm each side the weights have inside on a barbell from the supports.

These are the 2 i have narrowed down

Muscle Motion (MMPRS2)
http://www.gymdirect.com.au/shop/strength-equipment/racks/power-rac/power-rack/

Force USA
Force USA Power Rack w/ Band Attachments | Gym and Fitness

Any recommendations on which rack would be better would be welcome as well

The area im looking to install is 3.5m x 2.5m and roof being 2.6m high

Thanks!

Ah of course! Only reason i asked is because ive been to a gym before and i had issues in which the base seemed to be wider.... but looking closer at the picture i can see it will be fine!

Any preference on the 2 listed for a home setup?

Depends what you want to spend really, I like the look of the force one but the MM one gets a good rap on here. Cheap if you use the ausbb discount?

I deadlift inside my force USA.

I've had both racks and prefer the Force USA. Both are good sturdy rack but if you are looking to add attachments go with your budget.

I like the force USA for the pin height separators and standard band pegs. My model never had the J hooks. Not sure what rack gives you more Hooks but the more hooks the better especially if you are training 2 different lifts or with a pal.

I sold my second hand rack with attachments for $400 so maybe see what's available second hand to save a few $? Just a thought.

Ah of course! Only reason i asked is because ive been to a gym before and i had issues in which the base seemed to be wider.... but looking closer at the picture i can see it will be fine!

Any preference on the 2 listed for a home setup?

The frames are made square so the base wont be wider. So a 7ft barbell would be ok to use without interference.

I couldn't see the specs on the force rack but the mm is 60x60 x 2mm thick shs. I wouldn't want a rack any smaller then this in material size.

2nd one for me, band attachments etc - looks the goods...

If you get a normal size oly barbell then you will have no issues with plates hitting or anything like that....maybe invest in a full size oly barbell aswell.

2nd one for me, band attachments etc - looks the goods...

If you get a normal size oly barbell then you will have no issues with plates hitting or anything like that....maybe invest in a full size oly barbell aswell.

One of the force racks had issues of being too wide even with full size oly bars.

Last edited:
Yep. Obviously they never used the product before selling it.

Yeah the force commercial was fucked you had like 10mm clearance between the collars and the j hooks. Most racks allow 100+mm. It was a absolute bastard to rack a squat

One of the force racks had issues of being too wide even with full size oly bars.

How could they stuff that up! Most racks I have seen have between 35mm to 45mm clearance either side of the barbell.

I just picked up some steel yesterday to start making my own rack allowing 45mm each side.

The one linked in the OP is the new design and doesn't have the width issue. Also, one of the suppliers were offering replacement parts to fix the width issue on the old ones but can't remember who.

I have the Force Rack, great rack with good safety bars and has a lot of extra attachments that can be added later and extra parts are easy to get.

Have a look at the bottom of the link, you won't have a problem dead lifting inside

http://www.forcefitnessequipment.com/f-pc-force-usa-power-rack-and-optional-variations.html

Last edited:
In all seriousness, they will be very similar in what you can do. I doubt after buying one of them that you would regret the decision