• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Multi Grip Chin up Bar or Straight Chin Up bars?

BrisVegasGhost

Elite Member
What's you preferred chin up bar? Straight or the Multi grip variety?

I have never used a multi grip bar. I have only used a straight bar or a chin up bar that kicks down like a lat pull down attachment.

For those that have the multigrips chin up bars do you use the variety of grips available?

Cheers

l've got a multi grip sitting on top of my rack and l only use the straigtht part and the vertical bar. Straight bar for stock standard pull / chin ups than l'll use the vertical part for L-Sit hammer grip chinups, it just seems to feel better than the traditional straight bar. Having said that l think l prefer rings the most not that you were asking that.....

I mix it up a bit but if it was for home, could be an unnecessary expense I guess. You can still have a choice of grips with a flat bar. I don't really see the hammer type grip offering anything over the other grips. If you really want to incorporate the forearms, use a towel or a rope from the tri-pushdowns and work 90 degrees to the bar. Can also use a V bar like you'd use for t bar rows if you wanted a hammer grip. Just improvise with what you've got

Yes to many grips!!
I've only really used the straight bar and sometimes hang the handle from seated rows over the bar. Does me fine.
Just wasn't sure if I was missing out on something with all these racks coming out with multi grips.
Think I will keep it simple. Like myself:)

I have a set of olympic rings, basically all the chin/pull up bars covered and a decent amount of difficulty added

A cable station at the gym has those multiple grips up top (see below).

I only do wide grip pullups, never chins cos chinups are for bros workn' dem broceps.

I much prefer the top outer grips slightly angled down (or up, depending on your point of view) as it makes a much straighter arm/wrist/hand connection. No wrist worries there. I use the other handles for stretches only. The innermost grips give a narrow grip which is great for stretching lats. Just hang there for a minute, full stretch. I dare you.

Wider grips are great for opening out the shoulders and shoulder joint. You can use neutral grip, pronate or supinate. Lots of options there.

life-fitness-cable-motion-dual-adjustable-pulley-cmdap.jpg