• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you ever felt "guilty" or "ashamed" from steroid use?

Yeah because for people not involved in the sport you're nothing more than another drug user that injects. Heroin, steroids, meth, no real difference for most people

It's not really shame or guilt though. These are very strong emotions
Disappointment fits better

The doctor pins me every 3 weeks, so no.

It can be used intelligently, it's morons like Zyzz that do tons of other drugs that give steroids a bad name.

If somebody had;

Ate heaps of crappy junk food
Drank a carton of beer on the weekend
Smoked a packet of cigarettes
Did a Trip or a E maybe some Ice also
Got into a punch-up
And had 1 injection of Test and a handful of Dbol

then it "must" be the roids to blame here according to the media/non-gym goer etc

you often hear "Steroids are cheating"
Have you ever felt ashamed of yourself for using steroids?

* reminder that Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding , offers anonymous posting option for the

Not at all, I have always encouraged people to juice it up in this mofo for as long as I have juiced. Once you see the light then you realise things in life really are better when on the juice. Even when I was 16 I was reading up on steroids in all the muscle mags, I was obsessed with the roided up look and fuck that's exactly how I wanted to look, that's how a real man should look lol! Some guys go a bit far, but hey its their choice and they put in the effort and hard work to get there so I say they are doing an excellent job 100%!

Its only cheating if its against the rules. Do athletes with asthma feel guilty about using an inhaler to help them breath? Caffeine or cold n flu tablets (up to max dosage) for afl players to improve energy levels? Pain killing injections?

Outside of competition that allows steroid use or hrt I don't see the point, but if its not against the rules (not law) for your competition then why feel guilty?

Took SMARTies before a uni exam once, no guilt here.

Good luck to those who take it, but I look forward to the day where there is much less tolerance for such use.

I especially would look forward to Oni being arrested, fined and used as an example for what can happen to a human when you take such substances.

They can't use me because I am a recovering victim of hanging around the wrong people before I saw the light and returned to my former roots of relying on food and training and spreading the word of clean living.

Just today I asked a kid to start of low dosages if he was going down the dark road, but hell no, he indicates he will start on 250mg of test and 200mg of deca per week.

Last edited:
Haha druggies will say anything to justify their habit

Yep. At the end of the day it's still just injecting illegal drugs.

If they are using in a competition that they are banned then they are cheating. If not competing then it's not cheating but just another druggie.

I don't think saying "I enjoy the effects a lot, to the point where I am not ashamed" is really justifying use
Saying "Drinking is worse" is. It probably is better than drinking to a point but doing it because it's better than drinking is fucking retarded

way way 2 faced u are admin.

you should post so your accountable like everyone else.

Druggie for life ftw... We all druggies to varying degrees man.

I like my morning caffeine fix and would find it hard enough to give that up. I like the way the chinese equivalent of cold and flu with extra pseudo gave me a kick and stopped the flu from ruining my holiday when I was in Japan.

Its the retards and dealers using the stuff for Meth that will be making it like NZ soon where you'll need a script to get the weaker coldrex version. Everythings getting wrapped in cotton wool as a result of the abusers.

Just like the trend in media lately that are quick to blame the coward punchers as being all on the juice ... 'so it MUST be the juice' Looking for the common link between the crimes.

Yeah, they may have all been using at some point, but have you thought that the other common link was that they were human excrement to begin with?

to be honest, I thought steroid use was down. The gyms I frequent in Melbourne have far less huge guys than say 20 years ago, although they may be training elsewhere.

But, as i learn from my learned friend at my gym who knows many there, he said i would be staggered by how many people there are juicing.

and many of them are only about 80kg bench press reps standard.

If that is true, then I am dumbfounded why so many youngsters and mediocre lifters are taking the gear.

Last edited:
If you compete in sports where its untested then no its not cheating.

If you compete in sports where you are tested and under WADA guidelines then yes of course it is cheating.

If it is simply to look better/be stronger/personal use - then this is simply upto the person at hand - no need to judge that person they have simply gone down a different road in their training "life".

to be honest, I thought steroid use was down. The gyms I frequent in Melbourne have far less huge guys than say 20 years ago, although they may be training elsewhere.

But, as i learn from my learned friend at my gym who knows many there, he said i would be staggered by how many people there are juicing.

and many of them are only about 80kg bench press reps standard.

If that is true, then I am dumbfounded why so many youngsters and mediocre lifters are taking the gear.

I would go as far to say that steroid use over the last 4 years has been at an all time high - never seen before in the PED's world.

You have everyone from 20 yr old guys training to look like zyzz to 16 yr old girls trying to get a squatters bum and be shredded using.

When I 1st started training 11-12 yrs ago when I was around 15 people at school thought I was weird for going to the gym, eating protein bars, pasta/chicken for lunch etc etc - out of everyone I knew only me and 1 other mate (who I didnt even go to school with) was going to the gym and there was no real talk of people being on the gas - now days everyone is at the gym, the zyzz wave is still washing through and instead of kids popping poppers at school they are popping dbols haha

yes, that is true. so many youngsters taking protein shakes and supplements during tier workout.

I just cannot believe that these relative weak and skinny people are on the gear, but I am told they are.

yes, that is true. so many youngsters taking protein shakes and supplements during tier workout.

I just cannot believe that these relative weak and skinny people are on the gear, but I am told they are.

This is the current "craze" of alot of 15-25 (+) yr olds - "Fitness" - but sometimes not so fit....