• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you ever felt "guilty" or "ashamed" from steroid use?

Wow. So much judgement ITT...

Personally I see nothing morally wrong with steroid use or meth use if we're going to make the comparison. I think I know nearly as many recreational meth users as I do steroid users and none of these people are a burden or a threat to society. Hell most of the meth users are university graduates and white collar professionals. It's just one of their party drugs of choice.

As has been mentioned, the only time someone should feel ashamed of themselves for steroid use is if they are using it to grt an unfair advantage in a drug free competition. Even festival goers needn't be ashamed of their drug use, but should be ashamed of their behavior at festivals. That shit is sad.

Poni, you hear people all the time say they are addicted to taking Roids because of how great it makes them feel. We had some dude this week start a thread here about this.

I've had blokes tell me that. They say it makes them feel invincible. Sure sounds like it could be addictive in some people.

Did you two not read what I wrote? I grouped it in a class where people absolutely get addicted. Alcohol, cannabis, etc. I didn't say you couldn't get addicted to it but it's a completely different kettle of fish to other drugs where you literally can't do without them. Ever heard of a straight dude sucking a dick for a shot of deca? Or how about someone with half their arm rotted off but they still continue to take that fine, fine trenbolone? Me neither.

Man, it is a shit ton harder to get someone to come off alcohol than to come off opiods. Just as physically addictive, and when you come off you have a risk of going into delirium tremens which has a 15% risk of death. AND there are constant social reminders.

I've seen two people successfully come off alcohol after serious use. One of them did it after he was hospitalised with end stage liver failure and died a month later. The other one was another childhood sexual abuse with substance abuse issues who did it nearly completely of her own accord.

I've also seen someone who had recurrent pancreatitis (life threatening disease causing terrible pain that's directly linked to alcohol use) who hid a bag of goon under their hospital bed.

yeah, but my main point is it's a lot rarer. Sure you got this tho

Good luck to those who take it, but I look forward to the day where there is much less tolerance for such use.

Thanks mate I appreciate the applause!

As for a day when tolerance for the stuff is less, well this will never happen as drug use throughout the world in all forms continues to increase every year. I'd say in the future most drugs will be legal. There is no stopping the big guys, they can try but they aint even getting close. They seize 5kg of coke.................never mind the other guy who just brought in 500kg of coke the day before without anyone knowing................

Did you two not read what I wrote? I grouped it in a class where people absolutely get addicted. Alcohol, cannabis, etc. I didn't say you couldn't get addicted to it but it's a completely different kettle of fish to other drugs where you literally can't do without them. Ever heard of a straight dude sucking a dick for a shot of deca? Or how about someone with half their arm rotted off but they still continue to take that fine, fine trenbolone? Me neither.

sorry 0ni. I got confused. I thought I was using my other account [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];

people judge others all the time.

When people decide to lift in a drug tested fed, well because they know it is drug tested, that is a judgment call, period.

Last edited:
Thanks mate I appreciate the applause!

As for a day when tolerance for the stuff is less, well this will never happen as drug use throughout the world in all forms continues to increase every year. I'd say in the future most drugs will be legal. There is no stopping the big guys, they can try but they aint even getting close. They seize 5kg of coke.................never mind the other guy who just brought in 500kg of coke the day before without anyone knowing................

One can live in hope.

But, as I said, education may be more effective, more realistic and less expensive. I think most people can be convinced something is not right or should be avoided, although a minority may still choose to ignore.

Regarding the legal status of PEDs, I never use the law to tell me what is right or wrong. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right and being illegal doesn't make it wrong. One is a legal judgement and the other is a moral judgement.

I'd be surprised to find someone who agrees with every law.

It is illegal to possess, use, manufacture, supply, import or trade steroids without a
prescription or licence. Penalties range from a $2,000 fine and/or a two-year prison
term to a $100,000 fine and/or imprisonment for 25 years. Any person convicted of a
drug offence will receive a criminal record and this can lead to difficulties in getting a
job, health insurance, credit or visas for overseas travel.
Frequent testing of athletes both in and out of competition increases the chance of
athletes getting caught and being banned from competition, sometimes for life.
http://www.dao.health.wa.gov.au/Des...44&Command=Core_Download&PortalId=0&TabId=211

what I don't understand is the lack of effort to police this legislation?

Because I do (health reasons and fair play really), is that enough for you?

Why do you do a medicine degree?

Last edited:
Equating those two really isn't possible. On the most basic level, that of self-interest, I have a quite clear reason to do a medical degree. You, on the other hand, don't gain a career out of posting on forums complaining about steroid use.

Really, that is your opinion. Thanks for expressing it, but I will keep going with what I do, on forums and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hey Spartacus get me arrested then I can staple my prescription to your forehead in court

me, I am no a lagger, and you will never be sticking anything on my head.

But how did you get a script when there is nothing wrong with you. You were doing 210kg deadlift before going on gear, were you not?

Last edited:
Hey Spartacus get me arrested then I can staple my prescription to your forehead in court

although you are an internet sensation Poni, I hardly think you are "big fry".

although you have left a trail of breadcrumbs Elmer Fudd could follow.