• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you ever felt "guilty" or "ashamed" from steroid use?

If you compete in sports where its untested then no its not cheating.

If you compete in sports where you are tested and under WADA guidelines then yes of course it is cheating.

If it is simply to look better/be stronger/personal use - then this is simply upto the person at hand - no need to judge that person they have simply gone down a different road in their training "life".

Not quite true. Some sports don't have testing but it's still against the rules. So yes it is still cheating then.

Personal use, how its is much different to other junkies shooting up. It's all illegal drugs that have often unknown ingredients. I can judge them if I want.

And people can hardly compare injecting illegal steroids to popping a panadol for a headache or having a coffee lol.

If you compete in sports where you are tested and under WADA guidelines then yes of course it is cheating.

If it is simply to look better/be stronger/personal use - then this is simply upto the person at hand - no need to judge that person they have simply gone down a different road in their training "life".

No drugs are not necessary to look good, and should never be encouraged or tolerated merely for cosmetic reasons. As I said about the kid I advised, who is to say that some big bozo or crook will soon convince him to take a ridiculous and dangerous amount.

Truth is it takes a bit of time to look reasonable from weight training, especially if that youngster or adult did not do a variety of exercise when young.

The more I hear about the problem, the more I feel a much tougher approach from law enforcement will be needed. I think it is just a matter of time. It is not just a matter of minding one's business and recognising a personal right to use; it is a matter of when a society decides enough is enough.

Maybe a testing protocol is unrealistic, but a concerted education campaign may go a long way to discourage youth.

Last edited:
Not quite true. Some sports don't have testing but it's still against the rules. So yes it is still cheating then.

Personal use, how its is much different to other junkies shooting up. It's all illegal drugs that have often unknown ingredients. I can judge them if I want.

And people can hardly compare injecting illegal steroids to popping a panadol for a headache or having a coffee lol.

Yes of course - that is what I ment by my post in regards to the "testing"

I would never judge someone on the gas and I do view it as different to junkies shooting up - but thats simply my thoughts on the matter - you will normally find the "zyzz generation" they are closing connected anyway - shooting some test then going out on Saturday and doing some coke - I dont agree with that - but if your an athlete competing in non-tested sports and your goal is to win/be the best and your living a "healthy" lifestyle training etc etc then its different...

I.e I would never put Jay Cutler in the same boat as a icehead half fucked in a meth house - I am guessing you would?

Yes of course - that is what I ment by my post in regards to the "testing"

I would never judge someone on the gas and I do view it as different to junkies shooting up - but thats simply my thoughts on the matter - you will normally find the "zyzz generation" they are closing connected anyway - shooting some test then going out on Saturday and doing some coke - I dont agree with that - but if your an athlete competing in non-tested sports and your goal is to win/be the best and your living a "healthy" lifestyle training etc etc then its different...

I.e I would never put Jay Cutler in the same boat as a icehead half fucked in a meth house - I am guessing you would?

I see the differences as minimal. Both are junkies.

No drugs are not necessary to look good, and should never be encouraged or tolerated merely for cosmetic reasons. As I said about the kid I advised, who is to say that some big bozo or crook will soon convince him to take a ridiculous and dangerous amount.

Truth is it takes a bit of time to look reasonable from weight training, especially if that youngster or adult did not do a variety of exercise when young.

The more I hear about the problem, the more I feel a much tougher approach from law enforcement will be needed. I think it is just a matter of time. It is not just a matter of minding one's business and recognising a personal right to use; it is a matter of when a society decides enough is enough.

Maybe a testing protocol is unrealistic, but a concerted education campaign may go a long way to discourage youth.

The thing is you will always have stupid people out there that will jump into things before they are ready - this can never be jumped.

I do agree though that this "generation" is somewhat worrying in the way alot of them approach "fitness" - I guess the craze will pass and we will be onto something else within 5-10 yrs but how much damage would of been done in that time? As stated above I dont have a prob with people using if its for the right reasons - but when you get 18 yr old guys wanting to get on the gas to be shredded for a dance festival, where they will get fucked off their face anyway - you really think whats going.

I see the differences as minimal. Both are junkies.

Thats ok and thats your pont of view alot of people will disagree some will agree.....

The definition of Junkie is -

A person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.

I guess you could class alot of us as junkies on the forum as alot of us as addicted to the gym haha

Well there is some truth to what bazza says.

I know of many who could not handle the loss of muscle that comes from getting back to normality. Hence, for some, there is a strong dependency which may or may not result in longer term health implications.

I was fortunate to get out after a five year period, albeit moderate doses.

But I would not be surprised if some of my health issues were not compounded by drug use as suggested by some studies, although they are associated with ageing (a reality I struggle with).

I personally don't judge anyone for gear use. Some of my friends are former big users, and other people I know well are now taking.

However, i stick to my guns, and give what I think is sound advice based on my experience and thought. They still talk to me, so I think they appreciate and consider the advice.

And that is what a fair dinkum forum about training and drugs should do, which I think AusBB does quite well.

Last edited:
The thing is you will always have stupid people out there that will jump into things before they are ready - this can never be jumped.

I do agree though that this "generation" is somewhat worrying in the way alot of them approach "fitness" - I guess the craze will pass and we will be onto something else within 5-10 yrs but how much damage would of been done in that time? As stated above I dont have a prob with people using if its for the right reasons - but when you get 18 yr old guys wanting to get on the gas to be shredded for a dance festival, where they will get fucked off their face anyway - you really think whats going.

So what are the right reasons.

Why is wanting to bodybuild supposedly better than getting ripped for a dance festival.

So what are the right reasons.

Why is wanting to bodybuild supposedly better than getting ripped for a dance festival.

Its more the younger guys jumping on way to early 1. in their age and 2. in their training age - its not a matter of bber V festival goer - same applies for a 16-18 yr old guy who wants to win a bbing comp - prob not the smartest move jumping on the gas at that age....

As I have mentioned - aslong as there to purpose + experience + the factor of not cheating - then whats the issue....

I prob I have is more so young guys and girls jumping on wanting to look like zyzz - 1 month after they have stepped into a gym

Its more the younger guys jumping on way to early 1. in their age and 2. in their training age - its not a matter of bber V festival goer - same applies for a 16-18 yr old guy who wants to win a bbing comp - prob not the smartest move jumping on the gas at that age....

As I have mentioned - aslong as there to purpose + experience + the factor of not cheating - then whats the issue....

I prob I have is more so young guys and girls jumping on wanting to look like zyzz - 1 month after they have stepped into a gym

Again. So what actually determines when it's ok, this is just your bias to when it's ok.

So what about the meth head that just likes doing it. It that ok.

Its cheating because it is illegal in Australia to take steroids and performance enhancers, it's quite black and white.
it does not matter if a doctor or a pimp on the street is giving it to you.

As someone that has been down the path of addiction before (opiates) there is a very clear distinction between what is addiction and what is not.
When you're addicted, it's like being held underwater and you can't breathe. You need to breathe and need oxygen more than anything in the world - you're addicted to oxygen and simply can't go without it. You simply don't get this with steroids. This isn't a justification it's just fact. So it's in the same group as alcohol, cannabis, hallucinogenic drugs and so on. You like it, you want to do it and see no reason to quit. But it's not like going without oxygen at all

Also Spartacus please shut the fuck up about me being arrested. I haven't broken a single law, go fuck yourself

It's the old use versus abuse argument. No level is safe, but there's a very big difference between 0ni and his 250mg/week and the guy a friend of mine met who was offered roids in his second session at the gym, accepted, didn't even ask what it was he was taking and had the guy who offered them to him (who he barely knew) do the pinning.

Similarly, I've met opiod addicts who lead perfectly normal lives and follow best-practices on sterility and purity, then I've met the opiod addict who was in hospital with multiple abscesses of his groin secondary to unsterile injections, had HIV but didn't want to get treatment for it until it was basically forced on him and snuck out of the hospital every night (we think) to shoot up.

I've also met a meth addict who was completely functional in society. Bad history of childhood sexual abuse, which lead to a bunch of substance use issues and significant other mental health issues, but was still able to get up every day, take her kids to school and work a full day. She also didn't use in front of the kids and provided for them.

Panadol and coffee are both fairly safe drugs except in overdose, but it's all a sliding scale. The average person using panadol or coffee uses them responsibly, but outliers don't. Then on the other end, you have something like meth in which the (very occasional) outlier uses it responsibly and even then you'd prefer to get them off it.

The simple fact that the government has declared steroids S8/illegal for personal use doesn't factor in a discussion of the morality of their use. The real discussion should be on public health burden and harm to society caused by their illegality versus their legality. Personally, I'd think the burden would be lower with education and easier checking of purity, but I have no evidence for that.

Of course, a discussion of nuances like harm prevention doesn't sell well to the average voter.

Yeah because for people not involved in the sport you're nothing more than another drug user that injects. Heroin, steroids, meth, no real difference for most people

Who gives a shit about sports stars, they are just regular people like the rest of us, they are no better than anyone else. They still eat, shit and piss like the rest of us.

It's not really shame or guilt though. These are very strong emotions
Disappointment fits better

Were you crying as you typed that? lol!

As someone that has been down the path of addiction before (opiates) there is a very clear distinction between what is addiction and what is not.
When you're addicted, it's like being held underwater and you can't breathe. You need to breathe and need oxygen more than anything in the world - you're addicted to oxygen and simply can't go without it. You simply don't get this with steroids. This isn't a justification it's just fact. So it's in the same group as alcohol, cannabis, hallucinogenic drugs and so on. You like it, you want to do it and see no reason to quit. But it's not like going without oxygen at all

Also Spartacus please shut the fuck up about me being arrested. I haven't broken a single law, go fuck yourself

Poni, you hear people all the time say they are addicted to taking Roids because of how great it makes them feel. We had some dude this week start a thread here about this.

Poni, you hear people all the time say they are addicted to taking Roids because of how great it makes them feel. We had some dude this week start a thread here about this.

I've had blokes tell me that. They say it makes them feel invincible. Sure sounds like it could be addictive in some people.

It's the old use versus abuse argument. No level is safe, but there's a very big difference between 0ni and his 250mg/week and the guy a friend of mine met who was offered roids in his second session at the gym, accepted, didn't even ask what it was he was taking and had the guy who offered them to him (who he barely knew) do the pinning.

Similarly, I've met opiod addicts who lead perfectly normal lives and follow best-practices on sterility and purity, then I've met the opiod addict who was in hospital with multiple abscesses of his groin secondary to unsterile injections, had HIV but didn't want to get treatment for it until it was basically forced on him and snuck out of the hospital every night (we think) to shoot up.

I've also met a meth addict who was completely functional in society. Bad history of childhood sexual abuse, which lead to a bunch of substance use issues and significant other mental health issues, but was still able to get up every day, take her kids to school and work a full day. She also didn't use in front of the kids and provided for them.

Panadol and coffee are both fairly safe drugs except in overdose, but it's all a sliding scale. The average person using panadol or coffee uses them responsibly, but outliers don't. Then on the other end, you have something like meth in which the (very occasional) outlier uses it responsibly and even then you'd prefer to get them off it.

The simple fact that the government has declared steroids S8/illegal for personal use doesn't factor in a discussion of the morality of their use. The real discussion should be on public health burden and harm to society caused by their illegality versus their legality. Personally, I'd think the burden would be lower with education and easier checking of purity, but I have no evidence for that.

Of course, a discussion of nuances like harm prevention doesn't sell well to the average voter.

Good post.

So it's in the same group as alcohol, cannabis, hallucinogenic drugs and so on. You like it, you want to do it and see no reason to quit. But it's not like going without oxygen at all

Man, it is a shit ton harder to get someone to come off alcohol than to come off opiods. Just as physically addictive, and when you come off you have a risk of going into delirium tremens which has a 15% risk of death. AND there are constant social reminders.

I've seen two people successfully come off alcohol after serious use. One of them did it after he was hospitalised with end stage liver failure and died a month later. The other one was another childhood sexual abuse with substance abuse issues who did it nearly completely of her own accord.

I've also seen someone who had recurrent pancreatitis (life threatening disease causing terrible pain that's directly linked to alcohol use) who hid a bag of goon under their hospital bed.

The doctor pins me every 3 weeks, so no.

It can be used intelligently, it's morons like Zyzz that do tons of other drugs that give steroids a bad name.

If somebody had;

Ate heaps of crappy junk food
Drank a carton of beer on the weekend
Smoked a packet of cigarettes
Did a Trip or a E maybe some Ice also
Got into a punch-up
And had 1 injection of Test and a handful of Dbol

then it "must" be the roids to blame here according to the media/non-gym goer etc

I heard Zyzz died from injecting cocaine, just what I heard.

Fuck the media, they don't know shit. Its all about money, nothing else matters to the guys high up except money.

Took SMARTies before a uni exam once, no guilt here.

Now that is definitely cheating.