• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

quick & easy meals/snacks for bulking?

Almonds. A handful is around 200 calories. Easy and quick way to increase calories.

Fry up 1kg beef mince, add tinful of canned tomato, a handful of bay leaves, season, then 15 minutes later slurp all that down with a fistful of bread. Fully anabolic!

Fry up 1kg beef mince, add tinful of canned tomato, a handful of bay leaves, season, then 15 minutes later slurp all that down with a fistful of bread. Fully anabolic!

Should add a tin of beans to that for more anabolism. Fully sic.

My experience has taught me that it's not food that I should be focusing on in the first instance, but rather that I should examine my level of activities, especially the ones that are not related to the main sport I'm involved in. Upon close scrutiny of the big picture, I found that it's these little activities, with their frequency, was the hurdle that was stopping me from adding the weight I needed to add, despite the amount of food I was consuming.

So for me at least, (and perhaps others may fall in that same category), it was about consciously slowing my fast metabolism down by doing less (first and foremost), before moving on to eating more and more. Losing weight I would suspect, would be exactly the same but in an opposite manner to adding weight. Move more first, before considering starvation through elimination (of many loved foods)...which may be bad for both psyche and health (due to stressing out over deprivation).

I know, it's not the reply the OP have asked perhaps, but I'm simply sharing my experience and possibly different point of view on this subject.

Fadi.

Last edited:
My experience has taught me that it's not food that I should be focusing on in the first instance, but rather that I should examine my level of activities, especially the ones that are not related to the main sport I'm involved in. Upon close scrutiny of the big picture, I found that it's these little activities, with their frequency, was the hurdle that was stopping me from adding the weight I needed to add, despite the amount of food I was consuming.

So for me at least, (and perhaps others may fall in that same category), it was about consciously slowing my fast metabolism down by doing less (first and foremost), before moving on to eating more and more. Losing weight I would suspect, would be exactly the same but in an opposite manner to adding weight. Move more first, before considering starvation through elimination (of many loved foods)...which may be bad for both psyche and health (due to stressing out over deprivation).

I know, it's not the reply the OP have asked perhaps, but I'm simply sharing my experience and possibly different point of view on this subject.

Fadi.

This is what I recently discovered for me, always struggled to put on weight no matter how much I eat. Found out I walk roughly 10kms a day and burn about 600 cals just doing my job.

This is what I recently discovered for me, always struggled to put on weight no matter how much I eat. Found out I walk roughly 10kms a day and burn about 600 cals just doing my job.

600 cal isn't a lot. You could make that up in a couple extra mouthfuls of food.

Fadi.

I think you are in a tiny minority with that situation.

Most people that can't put on weight just eat bugger all and most fatties just eat way too much.

Fadi.

This. While it's a little scary slowing down your metabolism, I've done this recently and I'm starting to creep into the 90+ kg range (unfortunately at a slightly higher BF than I would have liked by this stage) without having to overeat significantly. I'm getting to the point of wanting to come back down and I've kept in mind something I read of yours a while ago about eating at maintenance but increasing activity (which I would add, would be the initial plan, to avoid too much muscle loss, but eventually I may need to eliminate some things to brings the cals down).

As for the actual topic at hand, I find making shakes with oats (blended well) and either peanut butter or cream has done wonders for me (note: I obviously add other ingredients, but I find these two to be the core of it in terms of 'cheap', 'quick' and 'easy'). I wouldn't go crazy with the full cream milk, it doesn't end well for many of us..

ist2_2890967_spoon.jpg

hamburger buns, with tuna and cream chhese.. i get the sweet mustard tuna..
2 of these is
a) fucking delicious
b) about 800 calories

I think you burn around 2000-2500 cals a day just doing nothing - agree with Baz 600 cals is nothing really.

boring old oats in a big cup on your way to work. 250gm with milk alone is headed toward a thousand cals.
Eat no more than that lest you wish to Shit like a tap

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk