• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 Federal Budget

@Big Dave ; this is true, no matter what the allocation is to a certain group they will always spend it and want more.

The issue with the fighter jets for me is not so much the spend, as we need new jets, the F111 were retired a few years ago and were about 50yrs old when did retire them and I think were the only country in the world running planes this old, the FA-18 is also way old and need replacing, no matter what plane we decide to replace these with the cost will be in the billions, the question is have we selected the right plane as the replacement, the one we chose from my understanding is a compromise between what we previously had and can fill both roles and the FA-18 and F-111 did different jobs.

I also wonder if Australia had to fork out for the upgrade as we are allies of the U.S. and they spend trillions on Defence and all we have is a few runabouts and Cessnas.

I also wonder if Australia had to fork out for the upgrade as we are allies of the U.S. and they spend trillions on Defence and all we have is a few runabouts and Cessnas.

I don't wonder if we had to fork out the money for the upgrade, this is a given for me, the questions is was the selection the right one?

Our planes were getting so old to the point of being unreliable and to expensive to repair and keep running, there comes a point of diminishing return, much like owning an old car, at some point you say nope I need a new car this one just isn't up for the job.

And even though we are allies to the US we still need our own defence force instead of relying on others to defend us, our own defence force also needs to be equipped accordingly, over the years I think the Air force has been neglected to some degree due to the active service that both Army and Navy has seen, which is completely understandable.

For most people the number in the budget are pretty meaningless as very few people have the right kind of reference point to be able to talk accurately about sums measured in the billions.

Also there is more to running a country that schools and healthcare. They are important but you can hardly just cut everything that is not one of those two items.

I always view anyone who talks about been underfunded with a grain of salt. If you gave them everything they ask for in a few years it would be the same calls of we need more funding as we always want more than we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on.

Fact is there is not enough money to go around to meet all old and new policy needs based on current and future fiscal projections.

Hence, the politics of who gets what and who does not is evident today.

Other options are to keep spending money like it grows on trees, or raise taxes.

As it stands, social security gets about 36% of all Commonwealth expenditure ($138 billion of $398 billion).

Education gets $30 billion and health $65 billion.

http://budget.gov.au/2013-14/content/overview/html/overview_44.htm

Last edited:
Fact is there is not enough money to go around to meet all old and new policy needs based on current and future fiscal projections.

Hence, the politics of who gets what and who does not is evident today.

Other options are to keep spending money like it grows on trees, or raise taxes.

As it stands, social security gets about 36% of all Commonwealth expenditure ($138 billion of $398 billion).

Education gets $30 billion and health $65 billion.

http://budget.gov.au/2013-14/content/overview/html/overview_44.htm

We aren't generating as much tax $ as we were a decade ago either.

Libs are always good for middle income earners with families, of which I am one.

Debt tax sounds like the go. Working semi-retired hours means it won't affect me and after the speeding fines discussion I've decides I like any tax that only taxes others.

Tony is just a modern day robin hood, robbing the rich to feed the poor* so you guys should lay off him.

* by poor I mean lazy unemployed bludging fuckers and himself.

* by poor I mean lazy unemployed bludging fuckers and himself.
lazy unemployed bludging fuckers are hardly rorting the system , they are on $36 dollars a day
lazy unemployed bludging fuckers create employment with the crappy employment agents and the crappy programs that they run

Looks like Tony's on his Pat Malone with this Deficit Levy. He's done a Rudd, no one else knew about it.

Paid Parental Leave scheme being scaled back from an upper limit of $150,000 to $100,000.

Looks like Tony's on his Pat Malone with this Deficit Levy. He's done a Rudd, no one else knew about it.

Paid Parental Leave scheme being scaled back from an upper limit of $150,000 to $100,000.
he had , was suffering major backlash from within his own party about it being far too generous

Just Tony's way of trying to soften his image to female voters perhaps.

no one is perfect.

Best leaders are ones that are pragmatic and listen to concerns around him or her. there was a lot of dissent on that policy.

he had , was suffering major backlash from within his own party about it being far too generous

I didn't mind his maternity scheme thing. We give too much encouragement to the dole bludgers and dregs of society to breed a heap of future dole bludgers that they can't afford.

How about more encouragement to well paid women to have kids.

if you really want to get women to work, then assistance should focus on child care.

That will sort the bludgers out.

lazy unemployed bludging fuckers are hardly rorting the system , they are on $36 dollars a day
lazy unemployed bludging fuckers create employment with the crappy employment agents and the crappy programs that they run

I didn't say they were rorting the system but the ones who are lazy, unemployed AND bludgers are doing so regardless of the money they get. I didn't mean to suggest I thought anyone who is unemployed is a lazy bludger.

I thought by mentioning robin hood the post would be viewed as a joke as was intended.

You're right about those employment agencies too. I tried to use one years ago when I was at uni but because I wasn't claiming any money from the govt they wouldn't help me. I just wanted to apply for jobs and got knocked back while the guy on the dole got courses and gear for a job he didn't want.

Yeah I cringe every time I think about that ill-conceived baby bonus scheme from a few years back, what a load of money wasted on plasma screens and trips to bali for those bogan breeding like rabbit bludgers