• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am thinking of switching from Anytime to Plus fitness, another 24/7 joint thats opened in my area. Brand spanking new equipment, hardly anyone uses the squat racks, and there are bumper plates for deadlifts? winner. $13 a week with no contract sounds rather enticing to me, so I'm almost certain to do it.

Are you talking about Jets?

Are you talking about Jets?

Nah its actually called Plus Fitness. I never heard of them until they build this massive gym near where I am, reminds me of Anytime/Jetts but newer equipment with a crossfit section in one corner too. And lack of mirrrors too. Interesting.

Nah its actually called Plus Fitness. I never heard of them until they build this massive gym near where I am, reminds me of Anytime/Jetts but newer equipment with a crossfit section in one corner too. And lack of mirrrors too. Interesting.

Might have to check it out. Turns out there is one opening up soon in the same suburb l work for $11 a week... Looks pretty small from their 3d rendering though..

I think Plus are one of the better larger franchises. They've been around a lot longer than Jetts and the like.
Snap isn't meant to be bad either.

l was mainly looking at it so l can train with a mate as well as using a leg press and some cable machines to supplement some training that l miss with just having my rack at home.

I think Plus are one of the better larger franchises. They've been around a lot longer than Jetts and the like.
Snap isn't meant to be bad either.

Theres a Snap near me with a full olympic platform, bumpers and a few power racks. Seems pretty good for a 24 chain commercial gym.

LOL Test-E, mine is just short of 700m and i still drive there too.
Not a bad gym, proper BB gym with plenty of weighs, not a "fitness club". Has all the fitness shit also bu separate (upstairs) and a pool, just too MANY kunce and needs more carpark.

Reminds me of my YMCA back in NZ... had all the old school gear. Some cables. None of this new fancy stuff with complex angles etc.. A pool (that I never used).

But the good thing was I trained with the early AM crew. Mostly older kunce so it was a little more laid back than the young kunce trying to come in the evenings and out do one another... Added bonus is it was communal showers before work so there was always someone willing to scrub your back. Also got to size up the other chaps also. Legit tho. None of this having to peak around the corner at the pisser shit.

And hell yeah! I drive EVERYWHERE man... I'd use a Segway to take a dump in the middle of the night if I could afford one :cool:
[MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION];

Reminds me of my YMCA back in NZ... had all the old school gear. Some cables. None of this new fancy stuff with complex angles etc.. A pool (that I never used).

But the good thing was I trained with the early AM crew. Mostly older kunce so it was a little more laid back than the young kunce trying to come in the evenings and out do one another... Added bonus is it was communal showers before work so there was always someone willing to scrub your back. Also got to size up the other chaps also. Legit tho. None of this having to peak around the corner at the pisser shit.

And hell yeah! I drive EVERYWHERE man... I'd use a Segway to take a dump in the middle of the night if I could afford one :cool:
@Headley ;

Sick!!!!!

Funny that [MENTION=15762]Test-E[/MENTION] ; I make a point to tell every kunce that my gym has a pool, but since I joined in 2004 I have not even seen it, couldn't tell you what it looks like, or sauna or the spa.
Hearing good things about the ladies only sections upstairs, but us Grunters aren't allowed up there, something about the chicks feeling intimidated. :rolleyes:

Gym i goto is great, enough gear, hardly any uses the squats rack so i basically have it to myself when i want or need it, they do need a decent leg press and some more plates and maybe a few more DBs, but there are always ways around the lack of stuff.

I started going to a new gym just recently, it just opened up and has pretty much everything I could ask for. Dumbbells up to 70kg, 2x of each size, 2kg increments. 3 olympic lifting platforms, indoor astroturf track with sled, plow, and all the other gear.

best thing about my gym?

im the manager, the cleaner, the only member and the DJ.

Bit of a mess at the moment, im about to re-build and relocate the slab. Will probably deck the flooring out a bit better, but mainly - RAISE THE ROOF!.
IMG_20140530_130244.jpg

IMG_20140530_130304.jpg

I'll build a home-gym soon so I can blast my own music and work out in the nude. The only thing I dislike about the gym I'm currently at is that the music or in some cases, the news, just makes it sound like your in a doctor's waiting room.