• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

coolhand78

I know little about the real science of nutrition, but how bad is McDonald's really?

Clearly it's not something you wanna consume everyday but how bad is it for you...
And with regards to training, if your training 3-4 times a week is it going to impact much, particularly if your trying to gain...?

Its food like any other. Nothing mysteriously bad about it. Tends to be higher in calories so take that into account if you eat it.

Macca's usually results in a PB that night...that said, I avoid it most of the time due to the high carbs

Bazza recommends it, it's great especially when cutting, but he also thinks the sky is green instead of blue and that you need to eat at least 12000 calories for an effective cut.

But realistically I do have to agree that it is just food. Food that tastes like crap at that, and I would rather eat the packaging than the food inside it.

If you want to eat it, it depends on you, and your personal goals in training and how you currently look. Had a mate who lived on KFC and Maccas and he was cut to shreds abs and all, if I ate the same I would be 200kg, so everyone is different. Personally I can see no point to eating it when there is so much nice tasting food to eat in the world, why would you waste a meal on that crap??

As someone trying to gain also I don't find any issues.
In fact I used to have one mcdouble as pre workout to great effect energy wise.
However they stopped the $2 promotion a while ago :( like a drug dealer getting people hooked cheap, lol

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Bazza recommends it, it's great especially when cutting, but he also thinks the sky is green instead of blue and that you need to eat at least 12000 calories for an effective cut.

But realistically I do have to agree that it is just food. Food that tastes like crap at that, and I would rather eat the packaging than the food inside it.

If you want to eat it, it depends on you, and your personal goals in training and how you currently look. Had a mate who lived on KFC and Maccas and he was cut to shreds abs and all, if I ate the same I would be 200kg, so everyone is different. Personally I can see no point to eating it when there is so much nice tasting food to eat in the world, why would you waste a meal on that crap??

Mick. Welcome back. You don't fail to disappoint or get things wrong.

First line. "Bazza recommends it". Show me where I recommended it. I prefer fish and chips or pizza actually.

Taste is a personal preference. No where did the guy ask for what does big mock think of the taste of McDonald's.

Had a mate who lived on KFC and Maccas and he was cut to shreds abs and all, if I ate the same I would be 200kg, so everyone is different. Personally I can see no point to eating it when there is so much nice tasting food to eat in the world, why would you waste a meal on that crap??

That being said, old mate is currently two years younger than me, is still shredded, and still eats the same, however these days he suffers from kidney stones, he is on cholesterol and heart medication and has high blood pressure, his missus eats the same food he eats and weights about 130kg, she is as big as a house, I avoid the stuff (Maccas etc) and have zero health issues and take no medication what so ever, take from that what you will.

Welcome back @Big Mick ; serious!

Thanks, but I have decided to be very part time as I am really too busy most of the time now, still on 5/3/1, plus doing about 5-10km if interval running almost every day including weight days, mainly because I want to and because my dogs love it, love going for long cross country tracks/runs with two Huskies, they love it and it's making me feel great.

Sorry for the off topic post...

That being said, old mate is currently two years youMolds than me, is still shredded, and still eats the same, however these days he suffers from kidney stones, he is on cholesterol and heart medication and has high blood pressure, his missus eats the same food he eats and weights about 130kg, she is as big as a house, I avoid the stuff (Maccas etc) and have zero health issues and take no medication what so ever, take from that what you will.
If he is that ripped???? Why not trade in for a younger model??? Plenty of Milfs around!!!! No way could I let my Mrs go to 130kgs...

If he is that ripped???? Why not trade in for a younger model??? Plenty of Milfs around!!!! No way could I let my Mrs go to 130kgs...

Because a mortgage, two car loans, and two kids have him trapped I guess. But may be there is more to a relationship than good looks for some people, never asked him about his misses, but I know for a fact he does play up with other bitches...

heaps of kunce on here prefer BBWs, 0ni even feeds them cake.

A mate of mine did a maccas bulk for several months until it gave him chronic bloatedness and diarrhoea lol