• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Do any of you train them twice or more per week? Did you notice any difference from training them only once?

i think a young person needs to work their legs thoroughly a minimum of twice a week and a maximum of three.

For myself, I'm needing to reduce the workouts and increase the recovery time between workouts.

For someone who is super responsive to exercise, I reckon twice a week is optimal.
Even for the average joe, but the session would need to be super tough.

Every session.
And I have good quads and hams, no calves lol. Need to change that.

I still believe that there is nothing more effective than working the legs the same workout as working the rest of the body.

Monday is heavy squat/light bench
Tuesday is OHP and Front squats
Thursday is heavy bench/light squat
Friday is deadlift day.

1.5, sort of. I have a dedicated leg day (squats, front squats, SLDL, leg press, curls, extensions, lunges, calf raises). Then they'll get a secondary workout during Pump with squats and lunges again.

Monday back squat
Tuesday deadlift and front or paused squat

Thursday wrapped or pin squats
Friday deficit DL or block pull and every second week snatch grip pull.

So erry day.

Tim.

Normally anywhere some 2-4 times - then add in their rugby training, sprints - no wonder the bad boys are getting to around the 29inch mark

2 x squats and 1 x deadlift, 5x5 format mainly but often higher rep on squats.. less form issues

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Normally I train legs 2-3 times a week. Right now I'm doing very high frequency squatting, though, on a little 2-week stint of 6 days a week, which will be finished tomorrow. It's definitely been effective: I've added 15kg to my 5x5 and 10kg to my 1RM in that time. It's taking its toll, though, and my knees will be very happy to get some recovery after this.

Twice also best for me IMO.
Though sometimes when preparing for a comp ill squat 3 or even 4 times a week.

But mostly 1.5-2x per week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk