• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
it varied.

a regular week would be heavy % squats on monday,front squats of varying rep ranges belted or beltless on wednesday and speed squats of 70% of 8x2 on thursday before deads.Id do 3 weeks then minideload for a few days.Sometimes when work got too much id save up leg days for saturday mornings and try and stuff everything in.My squat did go down over this period tho.

Twice a week but hitting them differently. It sux but is definately worth it.

lol need I say?. Legs are always a pain to train bro. Needs to be done and I enjoy the challenge, don't bi*tch about it but yeah, sux lol.

later:D

The satisfaction of completing a gruelling leg workout outweighs the pain and suffering. [emoji2960]

Twitch genetics have a lot to do with how you should train any body part.
What works for someone else may not always be ideal for you. (Gear also changes things)

Learning how to map your bodys twitch fiber ratios early can dial in your needs/progress & save a lot of wasted time. Whilst many methods work, - few things work well for everyone.

As for me, for my genetics, I split legs into 3 groups -
Front
Rear
Lower.

I do 2 hour leg sessions once a week (squat variations & seated incline till I wanna spew)

I seperate hammies off onto a seperate day for fresh focus, and train calves 3 times weekly.

Once or twice per week.

Squat once.
Deadlift once.

Hard sets though. Very hard.

Doesn't sound like much ..but still have bigger legs than most gym rats. [emoji14]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

a light session will serve no purpose in my opinion. heavy & maybe moderate but light? why ?
Why not?

A light session in between the heavy and moderate session can help facilitate recovery from the heavy session.

Also good for general health and fitness, it being better than doing nothing.

Heavy, Light, Medium is a pretty tried and true method historically.

When I ran daily training in past this is exactly how I set it up. 7 days a week. The light seasons where very welcome.

Why not?

A light session in between the heavy and moderate session can help facilitate recovery from the heavy session.

Also good for general health and fitness, it being better than doing nothing.

Heavy, Light, Medium is a pretty tried and true method historically.

When I ran daily training in past this is exactly how I set it up. 7 days a week. The light seasons where very welcome.

a light session will not stimulate muscle growth. why not just train hard & rest. Rest is the key

I agree. Don't get me wrong here...I was just explaining the thought process. ;)

I train twice a week now. Hard as hell.

In truth, most people don't train that hard.

It doesn't stimulate muscle growth in and of itself but it may facilitate harder training and greater muscle growth on the hard training days.

well whatever... i prefer to rest. I know some powerlifters do this. Having a light day.
If it works for people then why not