• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Middle Age Men Using Testosterone Care About Quality Of Life Not Cheating

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1]Middle Age Men Using Testosterone Care About Quality Of Life Not Cheating[/h]

Interesting.

Welcome back mate.

Yeah I've been thinking about it, problems is that high Test promotes Prostate Cancer growth. The over 35 bracket being the ones obviously more prone to prostate troubles. Secondly, when he says pinning twice the amount of standard Test is he saying 100-140mg (twice 50-70 natural Test levels) or 250mg (which is twice what the smallest amount a lot seem to take)?

Still doesn't seems to be a lot of research into the long term dangers of it though.
[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; time to get on bro :)

Welcome back mate.

Yeah I've been thinking about it, problems is that high Test promotes Prostate Cancer growth. The over 35 bracket being the ones obviously more prone to prostate troubles. Secondly, when he says pinning twice the amount of standard Test is he saying 100-140mg (twice 50-70 natural Test levels) or 250mg (which is twice what the smallest amount a lot seem to take)?

Still doesn't seems to be a lot of research into the long term dangers of it though.
@Shrek ; time to get on bro :)

Thanks mate, i'll try get back on here more often aye;)

Yeah I had a tumor removed from my neck about 6 months ago, I was told it was congenital(I was born with it). Anyway I noticed it about 5 years ago, though over the last 2 years I noticed it did get substantially bigger and at the same time I was running higher doses of AAS then I had ever done before..............makes you wonder right.

I think like that guy on the video says: its safer to not use too much, don't go over-board lol!

"everyone over 35 should pin"

This guy is clearly feeling some guilt, otherwise why would he put up such a tour de force video?

TRT is not that common and there are very rare instances where it is genuinely needed in aging men.

This guy is clearly feeling some guilt, otherwise why would he put up such a tour de force video?

TRT is not that common and there are very rare instances where it is genuinely needed in aging men.

Jason Bla(no laughing) is a moron. He totals less than 600kg as a 100kg lifter who has been lifting a decade and ran a gram of testosterone a week plus dianabol leading up to his last meet. Ignore all his videos. Doesn't matter if some bits are right or wrong or even if I agree or disagree with him. He's a fat idiot

Jason Bla(no laughing) is a moron. He totals less than 600kg as a 100kg lifter who has been lifting a decade and ran a gram of testosterone a week plus dianabol leading up to his last meet. Ignore all his videos. Doesn't matter if some bits are right or wrong or even if I agree or disagree with him. He's a fat idiot

All that gear and he is still a fat slob. Let him compete in open division rather than masters.

I actually didn't mind the spiel (as he is talking around my age group) up until the end when his attitude was 'why ARENT you on testosterone'?! As if you're an idiot for not running it... pfft...

I hate to agree with 0ni, but Jason Blaha is a fat idiot with shitty totals for huge amount of gear used. He also spouts off with bullshit on his videos (though him having to take down his last channel so that Layne Norton didn't sue him into bankruptcy was hilarious).

Not sure if I dislike him or Scooby more in terms of spreading bullshit, but at least Blaha admits openly to using gear rather than being a fake natty.

His front double bicep pose and voice annoy the hell out of me.

Much rather watch Hodge Twins videos, atleast they are entertaining and most of their bro-science seems logical.

Nah man. If you want broscience you need ELLIOT HULSE
brb getting my LEAN HYBRID MUSCLE

Yeah he used to keep all that crap seperate from his videos on technique etc, but I bailed on his channel after he started getting all weird and preachy. Shame though.

Um. Ahem. Cough. Right.

Its rare for men over 40 to have TRT……… as far as you know……... because almost all never admit to it. I'm not talking here about strength althetes/wannabes. I'm talking about Joe Average. Its very common. Especially among those with a sports background because they feel the difference much more, or are more acutely aware of it. That said, I would be safe to say that a very serious % of men with a high income would be on a TRT and HGH regime, plus maybe a few other things.

You may also be surprised to know that a very large proportion of olympic and professional athletes are "getting help". I'm not guessing at this or making it up. I know.

Further to that, the video, for some strange reason, did not discuss the hard cold fact that testosterone is not illegal or "not allowed" in powerlifting. He was obviously talking about the IPF and affiliates. If you have a medical reason for using testosterone, which is what he was talking about, then you can get a TUE (Theraputic Use Exemption) from ASADA and then, after review, by the IPF (and affiliates). This also applies to all professional sports.

Yes, it can be abused. A large number of professional baseball players in the US have ADHD. Cough. Not. So they have prescriptions for Ritilan and such which are stimulants.

"Why the change? Since 2007, more than 100 major leaguers have been granted exemptions each season in order to take drugs like Adderall and Ritalin, stimulants that help ADHD sufferers focus for long periods of time. And it's been growing slightly every season, from 103 in 2007 to 111 in 2011. That's about eight percent of all major leaguers."

Anyhoo, there is no such thing as a "drug free" federation. And TRT does make a huge difference in life quality, but not if you are under 40 and healthy.

Watch out brah, make sure you check for CHEMICAL MUSCLE IMBALANCES that might be present, while maintaining CONSERVATIVE STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY.

I think he has a checklist of compound words he has to use in every single video.

because almost all never admit to it.

It's actually pretty rare. Much rarer than HRT in women because by it's nature it's a lifelong supplementation and because it requires injection as opposed to oral supplementation.

Further to that, the video, for some strange reason, did not discuss the hard cold fact that testosterone is not illegal or "not allowed" in powerlifting. He was obviously talking about the IPF and affiliates. If you have a medical reason for using testosterone, which is what he was talking about, then you can get a TUE (Theraputic Use Exemption) from ASADA and then, after review, by the IPF (and affiliates). This also applies to all professional sports.

WADA (and by extension ASADA) have a policy of denying any TUE for TRT.

aljada what is your opinion on a level of test of 17nmol, tested in the morning (7am).

I understand test goes up and down like a sine wave during the day - and so this low should mean nothing, it could have been 25 a few hours later......... but wouldn't the morning always be high?

19 and above is what I call the "quality of life" zone where you're at less risk of all risks associated with lower testosterone levels

550 ng/dl