• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Federations

jzpowahz

So I was thinking of doing some sort of BB comp last year but at the time powerlifting was my main focus. I'm not a tad injured for powerlifting and would like to go through the process of a bb comp.

Absolute noob here. I spoke to a guy at work who said ANBA has height and weight classes which apparently made it a bit more fair (for him anyway). I'm not looking to win or anything, but not look out of place I guess.

Currently 85kg at 5'8" and approximately 11-12% BF. Have been much leaner in the past and I know what it takes to get there.

So, pros and cons of different feds. And also, different classes if you know of them. Which ones should I be looking at for a first timer?

Thanks peeps
Chris

Thanks mate. That was one thing I had to ask, I am on TRT for hypogonadism. Does that mean I can still go in natty comps? As long as my numbers are in regular range, I wouldn't think it would be an issue but not sure.

Thanks, will do.

Taking a look at INBA and ANB comps now and they seem to be a week apart. Are you allowed to compete in more than one fed?

If I was going to put in the effort to get in top shape, wouldn't mind doing it twice if only a week apart. More experience and all that :)

The other one you could also consider would be the WFF which i think compete at IFBB shows, they are based on height and weight or maybe weight as well.

Thanks guys. So many options!

I haven't checked with feds yet but a BB mate of mine said TRT is a no go for all natty classes. Was looking at IFBB Classic class which for me is height -100+4 as max weight. 175cm so 79kg. That could work well I thought.

Mate tells me that most comps in QLD are in Sep/Oct so I don't really need to make a decision yet anyway. Just start losing some fat :)