• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How should one incorporate cheat meals into their diets?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How should one incorporate cheat meals into their diets?
Are some cheat meals better than others? Which ones?
Which cheat meals should people try to avoid?
Bonus Question: What is your favorite cheat meal?

However the fuck you want!
But I don't cheat more than one meal per week.

What to eat or avoid depends on how sensitive your body is to certain foods and how strict you are I guess.

Favourite is usually either a KFC ultimate box with a zinger bacon and cheese or a pair of large bacon deluxe meals or a large BBQ meatlovers with jalepenos and chicken... Now I'm getting hungry!

I think cheat meals only work when they're planned. If you're out with friends somewhere and they're all getting cake, and you decide to get some too, that's just poor decision making and discipline. Cheat meals don't need to be something incredibly greasy and sugary either; just something different from your usual diet. For example, for me it might be going out to a restaurant and ordering a fat steak with mash potatoes.

My planned cheat meal however is pancakes. Not the generic sugary floury stuff, but buckwheat pancakes. They're slightly firmer than regular pancakes and more filling. I'll throw in some choc chips and top them with peanut butter. Pretty basic, but they kill any cravings for savoury sweets. I'll cook them for myself and gf on the weekend once a week. So it's something to look forward to after my weekly weigh in on a Friday night.

Or just fit the foods into your plan and not feel restricted and want to binge on these "naughty" foods.

I dont understand cheat meals. Why not just fit it into your daily requirements? I hate going without "just because". If you cant plan and manage something as simple as eating something you like to eat there is something wrong.

Tim.

I think it's a discipline thing though. If you're used to having 'cheat' food regularly, what's to stop you having a bit extra here and there. It all adds up. If you're used to saying no to sugary food or whatever, it get easier to stay on the right track. I guess do what works for you. Personally, I find having a cheat meal once a week to look forward to keeps me disciplined and motivated.

When actually sticking to a diet, cheat meals don't work for me. If I eat what I want for a cheat meal it will undo a whole week of diet. If I restrict my cheat meal well it's not really a cheat meal anymore.

I just fit foods I enjoy into my diet.

Last edited: