• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drifter

I'm trialling these as an on the move meal replacement / snack and also a craving satisfier.

Only have apple pie so far but have put in an order for a few more flavours.

Apple Pie

Protein 20g
Carbs 24g
Dietary Fibre 18g
Sugars 3g
Calories 170

Smell:
10/10. Great! Smells like an apple pie crust with a hint of cinnamon.

Taste: 9/10. When heated in microwave for 15 seconds it gets a little gooey, tastes of apples (has little chunks of dried apple in it) and cookie dough. It has less of a chewy feel than other protein bars I have tried.

Cinnamon Roll

Protein 20g
Carbs 25g
Dietary Fibre 17g
Sugars 1g
Calories 170

Smell:
10/10. Really nice hit of vanilla and Cinnamon.

Taste: 7/10. Again heated in microwave for 15 seconds; tastes like a scotch finger biscuit, was decent but not in the same league as the apple pie bar.

Cookies & Cream
protein 21g
carbs 22g (fibre 17g, sugars 1g, erythritol 2g)
cals 180

smell: 10/10
taste: 9/10 took a point away because there weren't much cookie pieces in mine :(

But overall this is probably the best selling flavour and for good reason

I'm trialling these as an on the move meal replacement / snack and also a craving satisfier.

Only have apple pie so far but have put in an order for a few more flavours.

Apple Pie

Protein 20g
Carbs 24g
Dietary Fibre 18g
Sugars 3g
Calories 170

Smell:
10/10. Great! Smells like an apple pie crust with a hint of cinnamon.

Taste: 9/10. When heated in microwave for 15 seconds it gets a little gooey, tastes of apples (has little chunks of dried apple in it) and cookie dough. It has less of a chewy feel than other protein bars I have tried.

Yummy and healthy! 10/10

Yummy and healthy! 10/10

How the fuck do you figure they are healthy??

INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Soluble Corn Fiber (Prebiotic Fiber), Almonds, Water, Apples, Natural Flavors, Erythritol, Palm Oil, Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Calcium Carbonate, Sucralose, Malic Acid.

And taste well taste is a personal thing but they taste like arse IMO.

How the fuck do you figure they are healthy??

INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Soluble Corn Fiber (Prebiotic Fiber), Almonds, Water, Apples, Natural Flavors, Erythritol, Palm Oil, Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Calcium Carbonate, Sucralose, Malic Acid.

And taste well taste is a personal thing but they taste like arse IMO.
I'm interested in what out of that list you believe is the unhealthy part

I'm interested in what out of that list you believe is the unhealthy part

It's just a bunch of compressed processed garbage and artificial sweeteners, what is healthy about it is more the question? Why do we need chalk in a protein bar?? Then there is the class action against Quest Protein bars for mislabeling their protein bars and grossly understating calorie contend of the bars.

Not a product I would trust or consume.

Say the person who eats processed, sugar ladden BBQ sauce of his ribs.

So how does BBQ sauce relate to a supposedly healthy protein bars??

You people have the dumbest logic I have ever seen.

Someone says a protein bar is healthy, another person tells them its not and then a random retard chimes in and says my dog has three legs, WTF does one have to do with the other??

Who suggested that BBQ sauce is healthy?? If you can find where I ever said it's healthy I will buy you a lifetime supply of Quest bars, if you can't you can concede that you are an idiot with the reasoning ability and logic of a house brick.

So how does BBQ sauce relate to a supposedly healthy protein bars??

You people have the dumbest logic I have ever seen.

Someone says a protein bar is healthy, another person tells them its not and then a random retard chimes in and says my dog has three legs, WTF does one have to do with the other??

Who suggested that BBQ sauce is healthy?? If you can find where I ever said it's healthy I will buy you a lifetime supply of Quest bars, if you can't you can concede that you are an idiot with the reasoning ability and logic of a house brick.

Your are well inclined to criticise someone for eating what you call an unhealthy protein bar but are happy to eat processed garbage yourself. At least the protein bar has some nutritional value, rib marinade has zilch.

http://au.iherb.com/?rcode=ZSG863

I have eaten Quest since they hit the scene a few years back. Not all the time, just now and then. Main problem with Quest is that they harden up if kept for more than a few months. I even found one in my glove box that had been there a couple of months and I damn near lost a tooth. Hard as a rock.

But when fresh, they are a handy snack for emergency nibbles. Certainly not something you would eat every day or be part of your regular diet.

Your are well inclined to criticise someone for eating what you call an unhealthy protein bar but are happy to eat processed garbage yourself. At least the protein bar has some nutritional value, rib marinade has zilch.

You really lack basic comprehension don't you or is it just a really active imagination??

Where did I criticise anyone for eating a protein bar?? Do you just imagine this stuff?? Or do you just make it up in your mind and somehow think it happened??

I have ribs every 6-8 weeks and I put some BBQ sauce on it, WTF is your problem with that?? I never claimed it was healthy or good for you or of any special health benefits and I am not sure where you see a connection with a protein bar that people somehow imagine is healthy.

Then there is the class action against Quest Protein bars for mislabeling their protein bars and grossly understating calorie contend of the bars.

Haha. I always thought Quest Bars were "to good to be true". That's why [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION] and I always carried plastic bags of protein powder around with us!

Tell us more about this Class Action Mickey?