• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

StrongLifts or Starting Strength?

Im pretty sure it was aids... My penis fell off and I started listening to Justin beiber and eating a kilo of chicken wings every day.

umave2e8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I thought it was more about recovery than anything; I've done this successfully before when I was hitting a wall with my overhead press. I can't explain how it worked, but deloading right down and building back up pushed through the wall I was hitting.

Also why do you write like this? It hardly encourages intelligent discussion or responses, unless you're just trolling.

I assumed this thread was posted in the BB section as the PL section is barely active these days.

I still can't get over how much hate SS gets given that it's a known working program. No it's not a best fit for everyone, and I agree that power cleans are unrealistic for a beginner. If you read the book it's also pretty focused at absolute beginners, and isn't meant to be a long term program. Same as people equate it with GOMAD automatically.

I suppose though, that any program involving compounds will work as long as enough effort is put in.

I'm not really trying to debate I am just voicing my opinion
I've explained loads of times why the 5x5 and progressive overload model is worse than daily undulating periodisation

Also you do not need to "recover" from a sub 200kg squat

Last edited:
I don't agree with you for beginners using DUP over progressive overload, but that's a moot point because i'm not going to convince you, and you're not going to convince me.

who mentioned squat recovery?

You said it was about recovery
What do you need to recover from as a novice lol? The weights are too light

From a bodybuilding point of view - neither as a whole - using aspects of each then yes (guessing your asking from a bbing point of view as it is posted in this section)

You said it was about recovery
What do you need to recover from as a novice lol? The weights are too light

Generally stalling is a way of determining when you are done with a beginner program - in my particular case I had to take a month off pressing due to rotator cuff issues, so my bench and press were quite out of whack with my squat and deadlift, so I deloaded back to the bar on both, and stayed on the beginner routine until they were up where they should have been.

What the fuck has stalling got to do with recovery?
Suddenly changing the sets and reps you do each workout means you're not recovering adequately and more likely to stall? Lol ok

Beginners section would be a good idea - sometimes I feel these programs though even though simple of paper are fairly advanced for a "beginner"

It's a hard thing to define - generally a beginner would be someone who's been training continuously for less than a year say, most people would agree on that, but what about someone who's been training for 3 years but using shitty programs with not enough effort, and is therefore still weak/small?

Last edited: