• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lets Talk Meats

I've never been a big meat eater until I started buying from a local butcher. Grain fed porterhouse or a nice thick New York steak is what I usually stock up on. Not a fan of the cheap woollies crap, you get what you pay for.

I love fish and I'll usually order it over steak at a restaurant. It is pretty expensive but if you look around you can get cheaper fish like rockling or trevally. I buy a lot of fish in the $20-30kg range like salmon, snapper and flathead. I won't normally pay over $30kg for any meat or fish unless it's for a special occasion

Usual buy for me is a 3kg pack of basa fillets, 3kg of mince, 2.5kg lamb loin and 2.5kg rump steak. Which will usually last us about 2.5 Weeks.

On occasion well pick up the preseason end roast beef from aldi or a pork shoulder.

A good rule of thumb I've found is to try and get the thickest cut of meat you can find. It's much easier to cook a good steak at home when it's 3-4cm thick instead of the usual 1-2cm thick ones you get from Coles and wollies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm one of those whose go to easy meal is a big patty of topside mince and vegies. Grab any Steak on special too. Used to be a huge fish eater but not so much nowadays, probably should up my fish intake again. Supermarket for me, haven't been into a Butcher's shop in years when buying for myself.

Don't blame you man... Was surprised by the amount of butchers here who actually looked offended if you ask them to cut up some meat for you in a particular way... You're a butcher kunce... :confused:

It's like going to the barber and him getting all pissed cos you wanted a haircut. Just easier getting all your chit from the supermarket sometimes.

I've found that most butchers are happy to cut the meat how you like, especially if you're buying a lot, and most of us are. If you get a butcher with sand in his vagina, just find another.

Speaking of sausage. The meats most bb types usually avoid are some of the best. Plain Sausages in bread, hot dogs, kransky, salami.

The butcher I go to when I am just after plain meats has stuff like tenderloins for $8 bucks a kilo. Go to coles or anything similar and they are hitting 18 bucks. Load of shit. I normally just load up each time I go and freeze a bunch

I miss Japan in a way. 1kg of salmon for $5. Fish is dirt cheap over there, I always wonder why it can't be in Australia.

I miss Japan in a way. 1kg of salmon for $5. Fish is dirt cheap over there, I always wonder why it can't be in Australia.

I'm guessing maybe to do with greater regulation of the industry here to protect wild fish stocks

yes.. I can eat salmon, patagonian toothfish, and mackeral all day every day. They are my favourite types of fish ever.

chicken breast (buy from butchers when on special and stock up)
roo burgers (coles normally)
bacon (I'm weird and I like the lower fat bacon, "normal" stuff doesn't sit well in my stomach for some reason)
occasionally steak or lamb

I seem to prefer leaner cuts of meat majority of the time.

chicken breast (buy from butchers when on special and stock up)
roo burgers (coles normally)
bacon (I'm weird and I like the lower fat bacon, "normal" stuff doesn't sit well in my stomach for some reason)
occasionally steak or lamb

I seem to prefer leaner cuts of meat majority of the time.

I'm the same - chewing on fat makes me gag.

I can't get enough of steak t-bone,eye fillet,rib eye,scotch but it must be grass fed not that bland grain fed shit. A real steak doesn't need sauces
I also love chicken breast in a Cajun spice yum

i eat chicken for lunch cooked on a George forman
and steak for tea cooked on a BBQ or grill on the stove

Careful, that goat may contain traces of [MENTION=15762]Test-E[/MENTION];

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't blame you man... Was surprised by the amount of butchers here who actually looked offended if you ask them to cut up some meat for you in a particular way... You're a butcher kunce... :confused:

It's like going to the barber and him getting all pissed cos you wanted a haircut. Just easier getting all your chit from the supermarket sometimes.

Local butcher here is good. I wanted beef for jerky and he took me out the back to show me what he had and to see how I wanted it cut etc. I guess its like any trade, not everyone is good at it.