• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

45 degree sled leg press

well leg press is being mentioned repeatedly as a replacement for the squat due to it hitting the quads harder, personally I've found that squatting more weight on the bar hits the quads harder.

well leg press is being mentioned repeatedly as a replacement for the squat due to it hitting the quads harder, personally I've found that squatting more weight on the bar hits the quads harder.
Same here. Can't see the point of the leg press, unless you're an actual bodybuilder, or crippled maybe.

My thoughts are that it's (leg press) definitely not a replacement, but an option.

At the moment I do use single leg press as my main test, because it is better placed than squats to help me measure whether difference in leg strength between left and right leg is narrowing.

But excuse me for thinking.

yes, Meares (OG cyclist and champion) is said to do a 235kg single leg press, although not sure of depth given her squats are not real deep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbVW_kRPJs

I did 7x112.5kg single leg press last week, so need to get this up a lot by end of year. My left leg is much weaker than right leg at moment (perhaps by 30%).

Meares (70kg bw) has also done 80kg power clean, and 130kg dead lift.

yeah I saw Anna Meares on Australian Story. They showed her doing the leg press alternating legs. The ROM was pretty short but explosive.

For different body types it could be better.

silverback is definitely someone people should be listening to... not dismissing.
kudo's to you for your contributions, regardless of the hate and mis-information people arguing.

silverback is definitely someone people should be listening to... not dismissing.
kudo's to you for your contributions, regardless of the hate and mis-information people arguing.

Oh well, I listen to everyone, whether I use the advice is another thing :)
im sure he's not a "fucking idiot" maybe just an idiot like the rest of us.

thats the point, listen and learn. make up your own mind.

the more you learn, the more you can self filter out who's telling the truth, and who has other motives *cough* aka supplement company's.

Clarify this.
in what terms would the leg press be better?

Well I've seen some other fat guys who literally could not get to paralell in the squat, so for those types of people I guess. I'm not totally against leg press, I just don't use it for my training.