• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can someone in QLD please recommend an excellent physio, massage therapist etc...

oz_dude

Hi everyone I have had multiple ongoing injuries/limited motion on the right side of my upper body i.e back, trap, triceps, chest etc.. and am looking for a decent physio, massage therapist who can go through the range of motions with me and determine where the issues are. I am really after someone who is highly skilled / knowledgeable and who has given you surprisingly exceptional results! Can anyone recommend anyone that fits this criteria? I am in QLD north of Brisbane but will to travel each side of the city coasts etc... Thanks. I should also not I believe the injuries are caused by muscle knots, tightness etc which are restricting my range of motion.

Thanks for the prompt reply :) Can you please elaborate on which issues they fixed and how many visits it took etc? If its not too much trouble.

Find one that deals with the top sports clubs. They have seen any injury imaginable, its easy to explain what your problem is to them and they generally have more experience with going though the whole process of getting people back going again.

Thanks for the prompt reply :) Can you please elaborate on which issues they fixed and how many visits it took etc? If its not too much trouble.

Works for all issues and depends on what it is as to how long it takes. Recent injuries have only taken 1 to 2 treatments and she wont tell you to come back if you dobt need to. She may give you some mobility work to do also.

Hi everyone I have had multiple ongoing injuries/limited motion on the right side of my upper body i.e back, trap, triceps, chest etc.. and am looking for a decent physio, massage therapist who can go through the range of motions with me and determine where the issues are. I am really after someone who is highly skilled / knowledgeable and who has given you surprisingly exceptional results! Can anyone recommend anyone that fits this criteria? I am in QLD north of Brisbane but will to travel each side of the city coasts etc... Thanks. I should also not I believe the injuries are caused by muscle knots, tightness etc which are restricting my range of motion.

Go to Stenz if you need a good massage but he's not a physio

But I shit you not with this, contact Barefoot Physio in Greenslopes if you want to get fixed by a physio. They're not cheap but they're gold. I know quite a few powerlifters getting work done there now including myself.

Last edited:
Only 3 physio's in Brisbane that I have found to be remotely good.

Ben Oates at every bodies physio. ~$80 Brighton

Charelle(?) at barefoot physio, $160 for first session, $320 every session after. Greenslopes

Lawrie Townsend at Lawrie Townsend physio at banyo.
~$80

Man physios get paid way too much.

For the record, i have seen Matt twice, both times i have gone from agony to lifting the next day.

He uses dry needling now also, and is very competitive on price, i think 30 minutes with dry needling is like $45 for non PTC members.

Queensland sports medical center at woolongabba.
They work on the lions footy players and the general public can go as well.
Always have great results with them.
Cheers

Only 3 physio's in Brisbane that I have found to be remotely good.

Ben Oates at every bodies physio. ~$80 Brighton

Charelle(?) at barefoot physio, $160 for first session, $320 every session after. Greenslopes

Lawrie Townsend at Lawrie Townsend physio at banyo.
~$80

This is it. You gotta find good physios that know sports people. Most just want to deal with middle aged people with a bit of a back ache.

I broke my ankle. Heard it snap, so did people around me. Despite telling them this the first 4 physios said to me there was no way I broke
It. Just said to rest a week then go for a run. 10 weeks later still in pain finally found a good sports doc. Straight away said its broken, get some scans. Yep broken, wasted 10 weeks.

Bottom line, listen to Stickys recommendations and don't waste time going to useless people.