• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I like em all, tricep pushdowns, extensions both seated and lying down, weighted dips, they're all part of a good workout.

Most of the guys I see doing push downs at my gym have no tris.. I think with this exercise you really need to focus on isolating your tris with lower weight instead of movong the whole stack of weights with your upper body as most guys do..

Pushdowns are really the only exercise that can make my triceps cramp up
Never really liked skullcrushers at all, even with a deep stretch or whatever. Rolling dumbbell extensions are good for me though

I like doing skullcrushers standing up, one arm at a time with a DB. Then move onto some cable tricep pushdowns if I feel like it. but weighted dips are my favourite.

I do both.
I do skull crushers laying down with a KB. I like them for the lat stretch as much as the tricep activation though.
When I do pushdowns (now that I can after elbow cramping up hardcore doing them the first time about a month ago) definitely get more pump and sort of feel like I can isolate it a bit better.

Tricep dips for me out strip both. Crushers have always felt awkward for me and push downs don't leave me with the same exhaustion as tridips.

it'd depend if you're natty or not as to how beneficial 'the burn' would be wouldn't it?

I find that I can do the entire stack of weights on the cable for pushdowns for as many reps as it takes for me to get bored of it. Close grip bench is another one I've been doing lately as well.

I thought that was the geared BB'ers training modality of choice. I'm not one, so I don't know for sure.

Anyone do JM press? Hurts my shoulder :(
But feels good on the tris if I keep it lighter.
Skull crushers hurt my elbow. Tri pushdowns are fun.

Tim.

I rate this as one of the best triceps exercises out there - def top 3 for me - hardly any gym has this machine - think I have come across like 2....

I used to love that machine too. One of the gyms I trained at in London had one. Me and a totally jacked Lithuanian dude used to go the full stack for AMRAP sets. Good, painful times.