• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anti-inflammatory drugs/medications and training.

we call that adaptation. you need to change something up. its not rocket science... probably due for a week off even? totally depends on goals tho.

when you train properly, you get sore. sore is from internal repair and swelling.

whatever man. blow your own trumpet, leave me out of it. btw still haven't seen any of your results, how about back it up before trying to alpha squirt.

When everyone is saying anti-inflam, what they mean is NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug).

NSAIDs should not be used for DOMS. Among many other things, they don't do anything for it.

Chronic tendinitis they also won't help much, they'll just dull the pain a bit. You're better off using topical agents like menthol and topical NSAIDs and adding oral paracetamol first if you need more. Oral NSAIDs come after that as paracetamol has less long term sides than NSAIDs.
There is also some evidence that NSAIDs might prevent proper repair of tendons, but it's not great. Given the lack of extra efficacy over paracetamol though, it's enough to suggest paracetamol as first line instead.

Tramadol is not an NSAID. Tramadol is a synthetic opiod with seratonergic action (we don't really know exactly how it works). It's quite a way down the pain ladder though.

Celebrex is a poor choice of NSAID for training injuries. The increased risk of cardiac disease isn't justified unless we're talking pain that prevents you from performing important daily activities. You should be using ibuprofen in the short term or aspirin/naproxen if you have any cardiovascular risk factors.
If you have issues with gastric ulceration, you should be intermittently using a prophylactic agent like an H2 receptor antagonist (ranitidine, you can get it OTC) or a PPI (Omeprazole/esomeprazole/pantoprazole, needs a prescription). Far less severe side effects than the more COX-2 selective NSAIDs. PPIs cause kidney issues very rarely and apart from that just reduce your iron absorption a bit - not an issue in a healthy male.

As to what C_T said about destroying your liver, they won't do anything to your liver. High doses will damage your kidneys by reducing blood flow through them. Constant use of non-selective or more COX-1 selective NSAIDs will result in ulcers by damaging the epithelium and use of COX-2 selective NSAIDs will result in heart attacks by increasing your levels of thromboxane.

All drugs have side effects. All of them. You should not take anything unless you are perfectly aware of the exact side effects.

when you train properly, you get sore. sore is from internal repair and swelling.

whatever man. blow your own trumpet, leave me out of it. btw still haven't seen any of your results, how about back it up before trying to alpha squirt.

I've posted pics before. I can't be fucked doing it again.

You going having breakdown live on the forums again.

When everyone is saying anti-inflam, what they mean is NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug).

NSAIDs should not be used for DOMS. Among many other things, they don't do anything for it.

Chronic tendinitis they also won't help much, they'll just dull the pain a bit. You're better off using topical agents like menthol and topical NSAIDs and adding oral paracetamol first if you need more. Oral NSAIDs come after that as paracetamol has less long term sides than NSAIDs.
There is also some evidence that NSAIDs might prevent proper repair of tendons, but it's not great. Given the lack of extra efficacy over paracetamol though, it's enough to suggest paracetamol as first line instead.

Not sure if you are referring to me or not but I am not taking NSAIDs for tendinitis. It's for another injury. Panadol doesn't work well enough so I have been using naproxen.

Does anyone know what TRAMADOL is? In regard to anti inflam? Old lady takes it for back pain but they make you feel high as fuck and pain is non evident?

Tramadol isn't an anti-inflammatory. It's a synthetic opiod, which probably acts more via seratonin than via standard opiod pathways. Works really well for about 50% of people, does nothing for 30% and makes the other 20% really nauseated. Still pretty addictive, but not controlled to the same level as the true opiods.

Yeh i uhh kinda tried 2, lets just say i was with the fairies, slight nausea for 10 mins, felt like i smoked the best joint ever, slept 14 hours, didnt eat whole day (im always wamting to eat) and had the best strength/gym session ive had, no womder people get hooked on these bad boys!! So im guessing they absolutely destroy your own melotonin/serotonin production??

High dose tramadol was one of the more interesting experiences. I think I took 700mg in total and I was on the Mediterranean island of Gozo at the time
The rush is pretty damn amazing, not only do you get the usual endorphin and dopamine rush you have serotonin in there as well. Eventually my eyes started to roll back in my head like you would get on good MDMA. At this point it got a little uncomfortable as I felt like I could have gone into seizure. Never had a seizure before but it really felt like it was coming on. Not quite like passing out

The withdrawals were terrible, easily the worst I've had

its an opiate, is bad mkay.
if you can take any pharma dose of tramadol and not feel sick as fuck, you've taken ALOT of opiates in the past and your body utilities the "high" more than anything else. otherwise you'd just feel sick as a dog and never want to do that again.

not a good sign imo. those types of drugs cause the most problems.

Last edited: