• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Uterine cancer after use of clomiphene citrate to induce ovulation. - PubMed - NCBI

JAMA Network | JAMA Ophthalmology | Visual Disturbance Secondary to Clomiphene Citrate

Endogenous testosterone elevation from clomiphene stimulation raised PSA levels the highest, and testosterone patches yielded the least PSA response. Ten men underwent biopsy of the prostate. In one patient, a nodule was found on DRE; the other nine men underwent biopsy because of suspicious PSA levels. Of these patients, two were found to have adenocarcinoma (a form of cancer), and a third man who underwent rebiopsy was also found to have cancer. (Thats 4 out of 10 found to have prostate cancer) and the other 6 found to have high PSA levels which is not a good sign and will require follow ups.....anyone who doesn't know PSA is prostate specific antigen, it is one of the first things tested when looking for prostate cancer....high levels indicate abnormalities within the prostate.

exactly the more studies the merrier start here:
(Anyone actually concerned about taking clomid or nolva copy the below reference 1 by 1 into google and look for the related journal)
The write up related to these reference is here: The Dangers of Clomid and Nolvadex

References -
1. Drug Discovery
By Walter Sneader
2. D.E.S., the bitter pill.
Meyers, Robert (1983).
New York: Seaview/Putnam. ISBN 0-399-31008-8
3. Geometric isomers of substituted triphenylethylenes and antiestrogen action
VC Jordan, B Haldemann, and KE Allen
Endocrinology, Apr 1981; 108: 1353.
4. Antioestrogens: a review.
LUNAN, C.B. et al.
Clin. Endocrinol., 4, 551–572. (1975).
5. Patient No More: The Politics of Breast Cancer,
Batt, Sharon et al
Spinifex Press, Melbourne, Australia, 1994, page 118
6. The Estrogen Receptor: A model for molecular medicine
Elwood V et al.
Department of Cell Biology. Vol 9, 1980-1989
7. Tamoxifen (ICI46,474) as a targeted therapy to treat and prevent breast cancer
V Craig Jordan
British Journal of Pharmacology (2006) 147, S269-S276
8. Selective estrogen receptor modulation: concept and consequences in cancer.
VC Jordan
Cancer Cell, March 1, 2004; 5(3): 207-13.
9. A pharmacological review of selective oestrogen receptor modulators
Steven R. Goldstein, Suresh Siddhanti, Angelina V. Ciaccia, and Leo Plouffe, Jr
Hum. Reprod. Update, May 2000; 6: 212 – 224.
10. Clomiphene citrate (Clomid).
The Wm. S. Merrell Company
Clin. Pharmacol. Therap., 8: 891–897, 1967.
11. Cole, M. P., Jones, C. T., and Todd, I. D. A new anti-oestrogenic
agent in late breast cancer. An early clinical appraisal of ICI46474. Br. J.
Cancer, 25: 270–275, 1971.
12. Ward, H. W. Anti-oestrogen therapy for breast cancer: a trial of
tamoxifen at two dose levels. Br. Med. J., 1: 13–14, 1973.
13. Breast Cancer? Breast Health!
Weed, Susan S.,
Ash Tree Publishing, Woodstock, New York, 1996, page 203
14. High-dose tamoxfen in the treatment of inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma: A multiicenter randomized controlled trial.
Chow et al.
Hepatology, 36: 1221-1226, 2002
15. Liver Cancer: New Research
By Felix Lee
Publisher: Nova (2006)
16. IARC Tamoxifen: Monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans.
66: 253-365, 1996
17. Eye problems in breast cancer patients treated with tamoxifen
Paganini Hill et al.
Breast Cancer Res Treat, 60: 167-172 2000
18. Ovarian hyperstimulation and oophorectomy following accidental daily clomiphene citrate use over three consecutive months.
ES Sills, EA Poynor, and M Moomjy
Reprod Toxicol, Nov 2000; 14(6): 541-3.
19. Uterine Cancer after Use of Clomiphene Citrate to Induce Ovulation
Michelle D. et al
Am. J. Epidemiol., Apr 2005; 161: 607 – 615
20. Detoxifying Cancer Causing Agents to Prevent Cancer
Margaret Hanausek, Zbigniew Walaszek, and Thomas J. Slaga Integr
Cancer Ther, Jun 2003; 2: 139 – 144.
21. Understanding the genotoxicity of tamoxifen?
David H. Phillips
Carcinogenesis, Jun 2001; 22: 839 – 849.
22. A randomized clinical trial evaluating tamoxifen in the treatment of patients with node-negative breast cancer who have estrogen-receptor-positive tumors
B Fisher, et al.
N. Engl. J. Med., Feb 1989; 320: 479 – 484
23. Tamoxifen treatment and its consequences
Adrian Shulman, Ilan Cohen, Ron Maymon, and Marco M. Altaras
Hum. Reprod., Aug 1995; 10: 2174 – 2175
24. Tamoxifen induced hepatotoxicity in breast cancer patients with pre-existing liver steatosis: the role of glucose intolerance.
Elefsiniotis et al.
European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2004;16:593-598.
25. Incidence and risk factors for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: prospective study of 5408 women enrolled in Italian tamoxifen chemoprevention trial
Savino Bruno el al.
BMJ 2005;330;932-; originally published online 3 Mar 2005;
26. Fatty liver and transaminase changes with adjuvant tamoxifen therapy.
Liu, Chien-Liang a c; Huang, Jon-Kway b; Cheng, Shih-Ping a
Anti-Cancer Drugs. 17(6):709-713, July 2006
27. The association between tamoxifen and the development of hepatocellular carcinoma: case report and literature review.
Law CH, Tandan VR.
Can J Surg 1999;42:211-4.
28. Hepatocellular carcinoma after long-term tamoxifen therapy
D. F. Moffat, K. A. Oien, J. Dickson, T. Habeshaw and D. R. McLellan
Volume 11, Number 9 / September, 2000
29. Tamoxifen-associated hepatocellular damage and agranulocytosis.
Ching,C.K., Smith,P.G. and Long,R.G. (1992)
Lancet, 339, 940.
30. Tamoxifen induces hepatocellular carcinoma in rat liver: a 1-year study with two antiestrogens.
Hirsimaki P, Hirsimaki Y, Nieminen L, et al.
Arch Toxicol. 1993; 67: 49–4
31. Epigenetic reprogramming of liver cells in tamoxifen-induced rat hepatocarcinogenesis.
VP Tryndyak, O Kovalchuk, L Muskhelishvili, B Montgomery, R Rodriguez-Juarez, S Melnyk, SA Ross, FA Beland, and IP Pogribny
Mol Carcinog, Mar 2007; 46(3): 187-97
32. Antiestrogens and the formation of DNA damage in rats: a comparison.
Kim SY, Suzuki N, Laxmi YR, Umemoto A, Matsuda T, Shibutani S.
Chem Res Toxicol. 2006 Jun;19(6):852-8.
33. Activation of 4-hydroxytamoxifen and the tamoxifen derivative metabolite E by uterine peroxidase to form DNA adducts: Comparison with DNA adducts formed in the uterus of Sprague-Dawley rats treated with tamoxifen
Deena N. Pathak, Krisztina Pongracz, and William J. Bodell
Carcinogenesis, Sep 1996; 17: 1785 – 1790
34. Activation of the Tamoxifen Derivative Metabolite E to Form DNA Adducts: Comparison with the Adducts Formed by Microsomal Activation of Tamoxifen
Krisztina Pongracz, Deena N. Pathak, Takemichi Nakamura, Alma L. Burlingame, and William J. Bodell
Cancer Res., Jul 1995; 55: 3012 – 3015.
35. Activation of tamoxifen and its metabolite -hydroxytamoxifen to DNA-binding products: comparisons between human, rat and mouse hepatocytes.
Phillips,D.H., Carmichael,P.L., Hewer,A., Cole,K.J., Hardcastle,I.R., Poon,G.K., Keogh,A. and Strain,A.J.
Carcinogenesis, 17, 88–94. (1996)
36. Adjuvant tamoxifen in early breast cancer: occurrence of new primary cancers.
Fornander,T., Rutquist,L.E., Cedermark,B., Glas,U., Mattsson,A., Silfversward,C., Skoog,L., Somell,A., Theve,T., Wilking,N., Askergren,J. and Hjalmar,M.-L.
Lancet, i, 117–120.(1989)
37. Reduced genotoxicity of [D5-ethyl]-tamoxifen implicates -hydroxylation of the ethyl group as a major pathway of tamoxifen activation to a liver carcinogen.
Phillips,D.H., Potter,G.A., Horton,M.N., Hewer,A., Crofton-Sleigh,C., Jarman,M. and Venitt,S. (1994)
Carcinogenesis, 15, 1487–1492
38. Genotoxicity of tamoxifen, tamoxifen epoxide and toremifene in human lymphoblastoid cells containing human cytochrome P450s.
Styles,J.A., et al (1994)
Carcinogenesis, 15, 5–9.
39. Clastogenic and aneugenic effects of tamoxifen and some of its analogues in hepatocytes from dosed rats and in human lymphoblastoid cells transfected with human P450 cDNAs (MCL-5 cells).
Styles,J.A., et al. (1997)
Carcinogenesis, 18, 303–313.
40. Effect of tamoxifen on endometrial proliferation
A Decensi, et al.
J. Clin. Oncol., Feb 1996; 14: 434 – 440.
41. Safety Testing of New Drugs. Tamoxifen.
Lawrence,D.R., et al.
Academic Press, London, pp. 125–161. (1984)
42. Endometrial cancer in tamoxifen-treated breast cancer patients: findings from the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP) B-14.
Fisher,B et al.and other NSABP contributors (1994)
J. Natl Cancer Inst., 86, 527–537.
43. Phase II trial of tamoxifen in metastatic carcinoma of the prostate.
JH Glick, A Wein, K Padavic, W Negendank, D Harris, and H Brodovsky
Cancer, Apr 1982; 49(7): 1367-72.
44. Biotransformation of the Antiestrogen Clomiphene to Chemically Reactive Metabolites in the Immature Female Rat
Peter C. Ruenitz, et. al
Cancer Res., Aug 1987; 47: 4015 – 4019.
45. Teratogenic effects of clomiphene, tamoxifen, and diethylstilbestrol on the developing human female genital tract.
GR Cunha, O Taguchi, R Namikawa, Y Nishizuka, and SJ Robboy
Hum Pathol, Nov 1987; 18(11): 1132-43.
46. Tamoxifen-associated eye disease. A review
SG Nayfield and MB Gorin
J. Clin. Oncol., Mar 1996; 14: 1018 – 1026.
47. Tamoxifen administration is associated with a high rate of treatment-limiting symptoms in male breast cancer patients.
Anelli TF, et al.
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021.
48. DNA adducts caused by tamoxifen and toremifene in human microsomal system and lymphocytes in vitro.
Hemminki,K., Widlak,P. and Hou,S.-M. (1995)
Carcinogenesis, 16, 1661–1664.
49. Major difference in the hepatocarcinogenicity and DNA adduct forming ability between toremifene and tamoxifen in female Crl:CD(BR) rats.
GC Hard, et al.
Cancer Res., Oct 1993; 53(19): 4534-41.
50. Selective estrogen receptor modulators: mechanism of action and clinical experience. Focus on raloxifene.
D Thiebaud and RJ Secrest
Reprod Fertil Dev, January 1, 2001; 13(4): 331-6.
51. Raloxifene, an oestrogen-receptor-beta-targeted therapy, inhibits androgen-independent prostate cancer growth: results from preclinical studies and a pilot phase II clinical trial.
RL Shazer, et al.
BJU Int, Apr 2006; 97(4): 691-7.
52. Review on raloxifene: profile of a selective estrogen receptor modulator.
M Heringa
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther, August 1, 2003; 41(8): 331-45.
53. Comparison of effects of the rise in serum testosterone by raloxifene and oral testosterone on serum insulin-like growth factor-1 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3.
EJ Duschek, et al
Maturitas, July 16, 2005; 51(3): 286-93.
54. Effects of tamoxifen on steroid hormone receptors and hormone concentration and the results of DNA analysis by flow cytometry in endometrial carcinoma.
M Nola, et al
Gynecol Oncol, Mar 1999; 72(3): 331-6.
55. Tamoxifen increases the plasma estrogen-binding equivalents and has an estradiol agonistic effect on histologically normal premenopausal and postmenopausal
Gorodeski, G.I., et al.
endometrium. Fertil. Steril, 57, 320-327. (1992)
56. Estrogen and progesterone receptor expressors o£ decidual endometrium in a postmenopausal woman treated with tamoxifen and megestrol acetate.
Cohen, I., Shulman, A., Altaras, M., Tepper, R., Cordoba, M. and Beyth, Y.
Gynecol. Obstet. Invest., 38, 127-129. (1994)
57. Endometrial biopsy during induction of ovulation with clomiphene citrate in polycystic ovary syndrome.
R Homburg, H Pap, M Brandes, J Huirne, P Hompes, and CB Lambalk
Gynecol Endocrinol, September 1, 2006; 22(9): 506-10.
58. In vivo evaluation of the genotoxic effects of clomiphene citrate on rat reticulocytes: a micronucleus genotoxicity.
B Duran, I Ozdemir, Y Demirel, O Ozdemir, A Cetin, and A Guven
Gynecol Obstet Invest, Jan 2006; 61(4): 228-31.
59. Clomiphene citrate – end of an era? a mini-review
Roy Homburg
Hum. Reprod., Aug 2005; 20: 2043 – 2051
60. Selective estrogen receptor modulators: pharmacological profile in the rat uterus.
Bryant H. U., Wilson P. K., Adrian M. D., Cole H. W., Phillips D. L., Dodge J. A., Grese T. A., Sluka J. P., Glasebrook A. L.
J. Soc. Gynecol. Invest., 3: 152A 1996.
61. Molecular perspectives on selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs): progress in understanding their tissue-specific agonist and antagonist actions.
Lonard D. M., Smith C. L.
Steroid, 67: 15-24, 2002
62. Defining the “S” in SERMS.
Katznellenbogen B. S., Katznellenbogen J. A.
Science (Wash. DC), 295: 2380-2381, 2002

Most, if not all of those studies look to be on Tamoxifen not Clomid.

Most, if not all of those studies look to be on Tamoxifen not Clomid.

Yes most are on nolva...some are on clomid and it shares the same backbone as nolva.

Uterine cancer after use of clomiphene citrate to induce ovulation. - PubMed - NCBI

JAMA Network | JAMA Ophthalmology | Visual Disturbance Secondary to Clomiphene Citrate

Endogenous testosterone elevation from clomiphene stimulation raised PSA levels the highest, and testosterone patches yielded the least PSA response. Ten men underwent biopsy of the prostate. In one patient, a nodule was found on DRE; the other nine men underwent biopsy because of suspicious PSA levels. Of these patients, two were found to have adenocarcinoma (a form of cancer), and a third man who underwent rebiopsy was also found to have cancer. (Thats 4 out of 10 found to have prostate cancer) and the other 6 found to have high PSA levels which is not a good sign and will require follow ups.....anyone who doesn't know PSA is prostate specific antigen, it is one of the first things tested when looking for prostate cancer....high levels indicate abnormalities within the prostate.

I like the last one [MENTION=10445]O.N.[/MENTION]; "New research shows Bees decrease their food intake when given compound found in red wine". Probably too pissed to find any food!

I like the last one @O.N. ; "New research shows Bees decrease their food intake when given compound found in red wine". Probably too pissed to find any food!

In a series of experiments published in the journal Aging, the scientists tested the effects of resveratrol on the lifespan, learning ability, and food perception in honey bees.
Their research has confirmed that not only does this compound extend the lifespan of honey bees by 33 to 38 percent, it also changes the decisions that bees make about food by triggering a "moderation effect" when they eat.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-09-bees-decrease-food-intake-compound.html#jCp

Guess who I've been talking to @O.N. ;

I won't drop names but its someone we both know. Someone more qualified in Medicine than you are. Told me your full of crap about Clomid ....... all to promote Res.

Great news mate, guess what though posting that im full of crap doesn't mean shit....there is pages and pages and loads of evidence that clomid isn't good for you thats its not for PCT, that its not for testosterone and that it is supposed to be used in breast cancer....and even then in breast cancer there are complications with using it....just read over all the evidence that has already been posted.

Anyone reading this can see all you post is O.N. you are wrong...i know someone in medicine and me posting factual information and then people can read about it, read the links, read the science, read the medical journals and make an informed decision compared to "your opinion" which holds no facts.

Hey @O.N. ; which is the one law or piece of legislation that is broken the most. I'll give you a hint.

Section 52 Trade Practices Act ‘A corporation shall not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive’

Last edited:
Hey @O.N. ; which is the one law or piece of legislation that is broken the most. I'll give you a hint.

Section 52 Trade Practices Act ‘A corporation shall not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive’

Nobody has been mislead or deceived.
You are saying clomid is great it's safe and effective....I am saying it isn't I am providing you and the rest of the forum factual proof.

If you want to take the garbage thats your choice, no need to force your opinion about it in this thread.
You have said what you have needed to say, I have said and shown people what I have needed to say, your opinion is unlikely to change unless you decide to be open minded and my opinion is never going to change as I have read all the science, journals, and factual evidence which differs from your simple minded opinion.

Nobody has been mislead or deceived.
You are saying clomid is great it's safe and effective....I am saying it isn't I am providing you and the rest of the forum factual proof.

If you want to take the garbage thats your choice, no need to force your opinion about it in this thread.
You have said what you have needed to say, I have said and shown people what I have needed to say, your opinion is unlikely to change unless you decide to be open minded and my opinion is never going to change as I have read all the science, journals, and factual evidence which differs from your simple minded opinion.

I'm saying Clomid is a lot more effective than Res100. No drug is totally safe, including Clomid.

I'm also saying you are bagging the hell out of Clomid because it is the number 1 PCT product and you are trying to sell Res100 as a PCT product.

Now before we get another page of guff, I gotta go. My anabolic window is closing so I gotta get dem proteinz in me :)

I'm saying Clomid is a lot more effective than Res100. No drug is totally safe, including Clomid.

I'm also saying you are bagging the hell out of Clomid because it is the number 1 PCT product and you are trying to sell Res100 as a PCT product.

You actually brought up the discussion or disagreement up about clomid.....myself and others were talking about Epic Gainz.
The more you post your opinion about clomid though the more people will search for the factual information regarding its unhealthy side effects.

Anyway back to the topic of the thread and not clomid.....people can make up their own minds about the garbage.

Anyway back to the topic of the thread and not clomid.....people can make up their own minds about the garbage.

very good O.N. You saving money by staring in your own commercials now?

Actually, I'm now a convert. I'll take a box of the stuff, no make it two!

Get over it....

You still flogging under dosed Protein for Protein n More Joel?

Ah no, that's right Gary closed down.

Considering your track record of being the spokesperson for Protein n More when they were selling all that under dosed Protein, you're hardly a person of credibility Joel.

You still flogging under dosed Protein for Protein n More Joel?

Ah no, that's right Gary closed down.

Considering your track record of being the spokesperson for Protein n More when they were selling all that under dosed Protein, you're hardly a person of credibility Joel.

Yea I am sure I would of been using it if I knew - I found out from ppl on this forum so that's how much I had to do with them.

this has nothing to do with that anyway - so what is your point? I like quest bars, bulk nutrients, maccas, kitkats ......does that mean all this shit is no good?

Really scrapping the bottom now mate lol