• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids slowly killing the gym-obsessed youth

I think its pretty safe to say using test to bring test levels back to normal in a deficient person is probably fairly safe. Using test in a heathy person to boost above normal levels likely carries risk.

Stop comparing test to other drugs. Compare the risk on its own merits.

I guess the point people are trying to make including myself - is that the media build steroids up to be the worst thing in the world - they turn you into a crazy person or kill you - but everyday there are 1000's of people dieing of smoking, achohol, reg drugs - I guess where you compare those to steroid related deaths your prob looking at acouple of % (if that).

I do agree that of course that there is a risk in using them if abused - but that is the same with anything really....

I guess the point people are trying to make including myself - is that the media build steroids up to be the worst thing in the world - they turn you into a crazy person or kill you - but everyday there are 1000's of people dieing of smoking, achohol, reg drugs - I guess where you compare those to steroid related deaths your prob looking at acouple of % (if that).

I do agree that of course that there is a risk in using them if abused - but that is the same with anything really....

Again with the alcohol/smoking comparisons.

not sure about that Baz. Once you bring in "external" Test at any level your natural production shuts down, with the associated consequences. TRT isn't really bringing Test back to normal levels considering its sustained release whereas natural Test levels ebb and flow. Secondly, TRT levels are way higher than natural levels.

Not sure where you are disagreeing with me.

I said bring test levels back to normal for deficiencies should be fairly safe.

Not talking about the pretend TRT cases where people bring their levels up to the upper limit of normal who weren't really deficient anyway.

I don't believe there are set standards for levels of testostorne in adults?

is this right?

I mean, after 40 and beyond, there is no clarity on what these levels should be?

Saw this in da paper this afternoon. Damn steroids killing hundreds of innocent mums and dads. And children. Don't forget the children.

[h=1]Medicines killing hundreds[/h]DateApril 9, 2014
  • Read later
Prescription drugs caused or contributed to the deaths of 310 of 374 people to die in Victoria from drug overdoses last year. Photo: Louie Douvis

Prescription drugs caused or contributed to the deaths of 310 of the 374 people to die in Victoria from drug overdoses last year - prompting calls for greater controls on medication.
Victoria's 374 drug overdose deaths exceeded the state's road toll of 242 last year.
In many cases illicit drugs and alcohol also contributed to the prescription-drug deaths, but in 143 cases the deaths were due to prescription-drug use alone. Prescription drugs contributed to 83 per cent of drug overdoses.
09Drugs353-300x0.jpg
Illicit drugs contributed to 164 deaths and were the sole cause of death in 52 cases.
Diazepam, commonly known as Valium, was the drug that caused or contributed to the highest number of overdose deaths last year. It played a role in 164 deaths.
Heroin caused or contributed to 132 deaths. Codeine caused or contributed to 71 deaths, methadone 70, oxycodone 60 and methamphetamine 50.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/medicines-killing-hundreds-20140408-36ban.html#ixzz2ySpKhvA3

not sure about that Baz. Once you bring in "external" Test at any level your natural production shuts down, with the associated consequences. TRT isn't really bringing Test back to normal levels considering its sustained release whereas natural Test levels ebb and flow. Secondly, TRT levels are way higher than natural levels.

Um…………….

Grumpy-Cat-Says-No.jpg

Um…………….
Natural levels in healthy men average around 70nmol per week don't they. TRT starts around 125nmol doesn't it? I'm advised theres minimal difference in anabolic effect between natural test and TRT. But always willing to be corrected. :)

I think your numbers are kinda skewed. A "normal" healthy male will produce about 5-7mg of test per day. Lets call it 50mg per week, but it may be as low as 35mg.

The nmol figure is the dilution in the blood stream and does not really figure in the production value.

A typical dose of cream based TRT test would be 10mg per day. Remember though that not all is absorbed. Same goes for injection. Also various types/esters of injectable test may be the same amount injected but have different uptakes so some is more efficient in uptake than others. i.e. Aqueous test is more efficient in uptake than enanthate or cyp. Not that you would be taking aqueous as it needs to be injected every day. Ouch. Most TRT is either cream or other topical application used each day. Some is injectable but they are almost always very long lasting esters. One guy I know gets his injection every 6 weeks.

You may be referring to TRT in the US where I have read that some are taking up to 250mg per week of injectable test, which is really not TRT. Its a steroid cycle, with arimadex and HCG often prescribed as well. See. Steroids aren't illegal. They are just prescription meds, like birth control or valium.

So, while the TRT numbers seem higher, the actual uptake and resulting nmol figure is either equal to, lower or maybe a fraction higher than normal test levels. In other words, its about the same.

You would probably agree that a true TRT treatment would be aiming to have the same nmol blood dilution levels as a healthy male. So the follow up tests would be checking to see if that was the case, with dosage being increased or decreased to keep in "the zone".

@WoodyAllen ; cheers for the info. Oops mg! Only ever known one person who used the patches and that was 6-7 years ago. I assume the patches are just for ease of use, but injections are more effective/preferable. Off hand I know of another two people who pin their TRT both lifters. One I know is on 125mg per week. This is a lot more than the 50mg natural Test average you stated. Perhaps he's got a "good" (dodgey) Endo you think?

Secondly, you can't argue against that the sustained release of pinning TRT, particularly something like Readron, gives a hell of an advantage over natural Test which ebbs and flows dramatically due to diet, sleep, emotions etc.

Last edited:
I believe steroid's were number #142 on the charts, with cigarettes, alcohol and marijuana being the top 3.

Multi-vitamins and Asprin rate above steroids, in # of deaths.

my blood level for test was 12.4 last week. I think i tested about 16 about 15 years ago.

Still vonfram said he tested less than 10 and i think he benches 170kg.

my blood level for test was 12.4 last week. I think i tested about 16 about 15 years ago.

Still vonfram said he tested less than 10 and i think he benches 170kg.

Getting tested again soon - I predict 8 this time around. Footage on here somewhere of a 175 bench last year when I had more than two consecutive months that I could train for. Dick works, I need to shave every day and I reckon I'm still more aggressive and capable than many of the young toads who use gear.

I don't feel less of a man for having low test levels. Don't even lift.

I don't believe there are set standards for levels of testostorne in adults?

is this right?

I mean, after 40 and beyond, there is no clarity on what these levels should be?

They are what they are when the test results come back. Some people aren't happy with the answer and believe that administering extra testosterone will stop them from being weak-willed pansies. Chances are they still cry to mummy at night.

The rest of us get on with life and put food on the table for our families. Every now and then a barbell gets lifted.

They are what they are when the test results come back. Some people aren't happy with the answer and believe that administering extra testosterone will stop them from being weak-willed pansies. Chances are they still cry to mummy at night.

How true is this.

The rest of us get on with life and put food on the table for our families. Every now and then a barbell gets lifted.

Righteous