• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Not losing weight; lack of sleep and stress?

plAythiNG

wow, woops sorry about the caps lock la.

been dieting ok, training ok, but noticed lately i have heaps mroe stress due t work and lot less sleep. big difference in terms of not losing any weight yes?

otherwise can i lose weight with minimal sleep and high stress job

wow, woops sorry about the caps lock la.

been dieting ok, training ok, but noticed lately i have heaps mroe stress due t work and lot less sleep. big difference in terms of not losing any weight yes?

otherwise can i lose weight with minimal sleep and high stress job

Maybe be being a lollipop lady is not for you.

Ok course you can still lose weight. Is it ideal? NO.
Deal with it best you can.

Short answer is yes, stress will accelerate weight loss, bad thing is it's also muscle loss, due to corsitol.

I think the opposite is happening to OP. he;s stressed and not sleeping and weight loss has stalled. is this correct @plAythiNG; ?

Hey..
As far as i think lack of sleep and your mind stress cause loss in weight so i think stress and sleep aren't issue in your case you should look on your diet

All I saw when reading the post was - "been dieting ok, training ok" Are you sure your diet and training are upto scratch?

Lack of sleep and stress will of course effect you - but you will prob find you will be dropping more weight because of this as [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; pointed out.

way too much bro science.

ok, this is real science. when you release stress hormones, you body works differently
when in a stressed state, we activate freight and flight respose.
this majorly reduces insulin resistance and we become products of "store everything for later"

On the other hand, if your not really stressed, you "emotional"
then you won't eat, and you'll be emotional and not notice, and get skinny.

this has nothing to do with real stress on the body and real hormones being released saying HOLD EVERY CALORIE. like it does in those who have eg severe sleep apoea, severe insomnia, mental health problems, major medications?

this thread is total mis-information.

Last edited: