• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

White_Lie

Look at Moi, I'm a Kunce
So i'm looking to add some band work to my training, I was going to just get one of the 6 packs from gymdirect. Is this the best option considering i've never used them before and will get a range of sizes, plus works out cheaper than getting 3 or so individual pairs. What colours/resistance do most people use? I'm thinking blue/orange/black

I was planning on just using them on squats, bench and deads (maybe assisted pullups when fatigued) but is there any other movements where they'd be beneficial?

Dunno man, never got into these bands. I think PL use them to add resistance to weak or sticking points. As a BB I don't think they are required at all.

So the general consensus is I'll probably use them a couple of times and the novelty will wear off?

I was just thinking they'd be good for adding resistance where theres usually a strong point, like at the top of movements. Unsure whether this would equate to strength or size gains though, surely it would be beneficial in some way?

that's the theory, I don't see much need for them.

you can also use a variety of exercises to work on sticking points.

Do the packs come in pairs?

From a bodybuilding point of view - there is no need mate - honestly I wouldnt waste your money - when I had bands at the gym they were fairly pricey for the good ones - not something your wanting to get the cheap version of.

Get them if you want but they wont do anything for your size and depending on training and level of experience prob not much for strength.

You can use them for bodybuilding. Check out some videos of John Meadows on YouTube with Dave Tate. Bands/chains can be very useful and have helped me work around injuries while keeping more weight on the bar, but they aren't necessary.

You need to remember they're a tool though, not something that you need to use every day on every lift. People make the mistake of loading up too much band tension or chain, then they wonder why their lifts start to suck. So if you get some, don't get anything too heavy, and use them where you think they'd be beneficial.

I'd like chains, just not practical and I don't want to look like a douche in a gym that doesn't have them, hence the bands

Rugby, they're in pairs, can get all their sizes for $310 or individual pairs from $20-85 depending on thickness

As el freako said, youll probably benefit more from using bands for prehab, warmups and activation than actual lifting being a raw guy.

1 long band can be used for around the knees/firing the glutes, band pull aparts and/or TKE's. Just double it up or tie it off.

Thinking of experimenting with Bands to rehab my Back and then test a few theories of mine.

Bands provide the greatest resistance at extension. That's the problem with them, and the direction of resistance.

That’s true stiffy, the downside of bands and chain is that the resistance also increases at a very fast rate, more often than not it’s the resistance at extension and mid range where the issue lies.

a strong flexible muscle is key especially for an older trainee and flexibility is best improved in the stretched position under substantial loading.

Cheers Goosey. I overlooked the benefits of tension in the bottom position, that Bands don't provide. Thanks.

The pre stretch in a exercise is possibly the most important component of a good productive rep.

think of any sport where the arm or leg is drawn back prior to the strike, kick or punch to give one perspective

See this dude use the pre-stretch on the pullover and the nice smooth negative movement and the stretch on the row, all while keeping maintaining the integrity of the joints