• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mick, you seem confused again. I don't have a problem with off topic or bullshit threads at all. It was you that said that. Remember your first post in this thread telling us how you were leaving because of the bullshit.

I'm fine with it. Keep going.

And this is your opinion.

What am I after?? Have you got some special insights?? Have you been hanging around Bazza20 looking though my window, and have all this knowledge about what I allegedly look like, how I train and now you know what I want? And now you have also ascertained that what I want does not exist.....wow, you should charge for these insights into people's minds that you have never meet

You said it in your first post, you know, when you said you aren't coming back for awhile...since then you seem to have been back full time.

There is no need for that on any forum. If you can't argue your point without resorting to name calling and insults your argument is poor at best and you fail as a human.

Good point!

I agree there is no perfect thread.

I am for a more liberal forum, although I don't think we need to use aggressive language when we disagree. I am also guilty of that on a few occasions.

But, from what I have observed recently, members are warned and banned if need be.

Well they need to hand out more warnings, happy to warned and banned if the playing field is fair.

I believe I in-advertantly caused said shit-storm when I honestly mistook a figure in the distance of one of her pics for a male, when it was in fact her. Testimony to her hard work in the gym, but this then opened the flood gates for some personal attacks.

I felt bad and even pm'd her but no response.

I honestly thought the same, just never said anything and then shitstorm started I went back an had closer look at the pic and thought Uhhh OOhhhhhhh

I didn't get involved or enlarge the pic, but I am also guilty

Yes, if we want to have a kind of community, probably wiser to think twice before saying something that could offend.

I know this, because a woman I know at gym was pissed off when I asked if she had put on weight. While I spoke to her as I would to any serious athlete, I knew I fucked up straight away. I apologised, although she did weigh herself and was shocked by her weight gain.

I am not taking sides, but I fully understand why she was pissed off, albeit the initial comment was a complete accident.

Last edited:
And a perfect example of above mentioned mentally challenged person, who needs to open his mouth and post brainless comments that add nothing to the topic on hand, add no value to the discussion and generally directed to send threads off topic and cause disruption to the flow of the topic on hand. Been a member for close to ten years made 640 comments and most were probably as intelligent as this one .

LOL.. don't worry.. I know who you are..
who could forget you and your stupid opinions on nutrition.

you started a thread about how crap the forum is and how shit some of it's members are... and complain that I add no value to this "serious business" thread you made?
go mate. leave.
no-one gives a shit.
Have a search for your name on the forum and see if anyone has mentioned it since you last logged on.
It hasn't.
Cause no-one gives a fuck.

Why not create your own forum and only let in members who you agree with.

http://www.bigmickforums.com
Members - 1

Good thread

you gotta stay @Big Mick ; not too many people like going toe to toe with Baz like you do!

We love you Mick.

Haha. this is funny!

Mick, you seem confused again. I don't have a problem with off topic or bullshit threads at all. It was you that said that. Remember your first post in this thread telling us how you were leaving because of the bullshit.

I'm fine with it. Keep going.

Well it's not a bull shit thread IMO, since I started it you came in here suggesting it was bull shit, yet you are still here buzzing around, you probably made at least 5 or 6 comments (could not be bothered going back counting them) without adding anything intelligent to the discussion either for or against my opinion.

Dropped in for a look this morning since I am off work today.

Only took me 10 minutes to work out that I won't be back here for a while, still the same mentally challanged people sprouting the same BS and arguing that the sky looks red, when everyone can clearly see the blue. I feel sorry for the sane members and those with enough intelligence to carry on an intersting and constructive discussion.

May be one day the retards will get tired of trolling this forum and they will go and annoy someone else, only then will the forum be able to grow and move forward.

Something for the moderators to think about.

You said it in your first post, you know, when you said you aren't coming back for awhile...since then you seem to have been back full time.

For your reference I have quoted my first post, I did not say anything about what I wanted in it, but I am assuming you made some assumptions based on what you read in my first post, keep in mind they are your assumptions not my wants! Big difference!

Anyway what I 'want' is basic intelligent discussion of the topic on hand what ever that topic may be, I believe (my opinion based on past experiences) that that is what most people want from a forum. I can understand that some topics may well go 'off' a little bit, and that may be part of the discussion, and I doubt anyone has any issue with that.

Issues only develop when people deliberately go into topics they have no interest in and continually prod and poke at comments in attempt to destroy the thread, by attempting to discredit the posters without offering alternate opinions or any valid arguments related to the topic and often not even knowing anything about the topic.

There are plenty of non 'lifting' related topics here where people can chat and carry on, people can start their own non lifting related threads to have their own discussions.

But I feel if someone newcomer comes to the forum asking for advice we need to provide the advice, I remember Fadi giving me plenty of advice when I first came here looking for strength training advice, as I had no or very little idea about strength training as it was never on my agenda of training with weights, even though at that stage I had been weight training for well over 25 years. But most of my training was conditioning and endurance related with weights merely being used as a tool to compliment other sports, rather than an activity in itself. I have not participated in any other sports for quite a few years now and weight training has become my activity of choice rather than just a supplement to other activities.

I don't see Fadi around much any more, and plenty of other who used to either look for knowledge or impart it have moved on as it just seems pointless at times.

Maybe make Big Mike a mod? If he's keen?

This is probably meant to be sarcastic, but I would consider it if all the mods were on the same page, but I doubt I would have the support from the members and admin!

I'm going to say this (prolly because I'm in bad mood at the moment due to dramas elsewhere.

But, the people who do the most complaining about this forum seems to be the noobs who have only been in this game a short time (under 10 years). Then theres those who have a vested interest in promoting gyms, Feds or something else.

Yes I do put [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; in the noob category. Anyone who claims carbs are poison or that anyone who takes steroids will die by 40 or that humans are incapable of doing rear delt flyes etc must be a noob or retarded. Plus the fact Big Mick is the king of strawman arguments and the like ....... and just likes to argue.

Rant fucken over!