• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

I have put a thread for all you youngsters who like to compete to test themselves and make their claim to being AussBB's greatest all round athlete.

There are five events, although you can do just some or all, and any event as many times as you like throughout 2014.

Clean and overhead;

100m sprint: timed by hand from viewing you tube clip to finish. You can move whenever you want, so no need for starter (or competition performance);

800m: same as 100m;

Strict chin-ups: either overhand or underhand, full extension and each rep to have chin above bar. No pause between reps. Once there is a pause, no further rep will be counted;

Bench press: no pause (or bouncing) and no lifting of hips or moving feet.

To qualify for a score you need to provide a clip. Alternatively, you can provide proof of competing in an official comp for weightlifting, powerlifting, or running.

I will score each performance in accordance to best ever performance ever for each sport, although weightlifting and bench press will not be scored by division. Males-100m: 9.58; 800m: 1.40.91; clean and jerk 266kg; bench press 327.5kg (points rounded to next nearest whole number).

Females- 100m: 10.49; 800m: 1.53.28; clean and jerk: 190kg; bench press: 200kg;
chin-ups will be scored by number of reps.

Score Sheet

Azz 100kg clean and overhead (38 points), 100m 11.15 (86 points), Total 124

Ride29er 100kg clean and overhead (38 points), 105kg bench press (32 points), Total 70

Jzpowahz 21chinups (21 points), 85kg clean and overhead (32 points), Total 53

Last edited:
I can't run swim or bench greatly but will hopefully have a go for fun,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant swim either, if you want to get rid of swim we can discuss further.

maybe we should just keep it to running and lifting, 400m and 1500m, and clean and overhead and bench press.

Very cool.

Our boy Taurus, is (IMO) the ideal of the word "strong" - with a good balance of strength and conditioning and the benchmark.

betting market (although not taking any bets myself)

Taurus $3
High Road $5
Rid29er $8
Admin $25
Shrek $150
Oni $1000
Kaz $1500
Genics $2000
Spartacus $5000

yeah row or run? I would favour run simply because easy for us to judge and no reliance on machines.

Remember one weak event will not mean end of world.

We will vote on row or run.

I vote row, because I will do much better at it.

ok, five events strict chinups.

We now have to decide on row or run. I like row, but think run fairer and easier to judge test.