• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
And all times and lifts can't be previous scores, must be done from start of comp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

run easy to judge, 1500m on a 400m running track.

The only thing about row is that machines may differ in terms of quality.

If there is a run, no argument, as easy to see.

I could make it 800m so easy to see where start and finish is, as this event 50% speed and 50% endurance.

400m much more speed.

yes, all events to be done from today, with clips.

You can do each event any time you like before end of year, and as many times as possible with best performance put down for each.

I will judge, but you guys can scutinise my scoring.

I don't have access to a rower but that's cool. Ill do what I can with the rest.
How accessible are running tracks? Is a footy field about 400m?

Taurus there are a lot of synthetic tracks around in Sydney. Marks field, Olympic park and so on. they will also be faster than grass tracks.

I am thinking lets keep it simple for 2014.

Clean and overhead.
Bench press
400m
1600m (4 laps of athletics track from inside lane)

I can time them from film (first movement to chest hitting line)

These events quite basic and very easy for me to judge.
with runs, wind does not matter, although you would be wise to test on a still day.

Last edited:
50% running?, I think 1 run with a body weight movement is better,

you will do it in less that 9 minutes if you have reasonable fitness. Take it easy and blitz other events. no one is going to do great in all event. That is why it is an all round test. power, strength, speed and fitness.

You guys should all have good knees, it is us oldies that will struggle

Has anyone actually done this yet?

My $$ on [MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION]; as well... You'd all be fecked if it was a beer drinking comp... just saying :p

How do we get a total score at the end?? Total up what you place in all events, lowest score wins?

no, it starts for Saturday.

I have done all events in comps in past.

best ever in comps are 125kg bench, 110kg clean and jerk, 50.4 400m, 1500m 4.58.

Also did 19 chin-ups once.

Now I will aim for 130kg bench (with pause), 110kg clean an overhead, 60 seconds 400m, 9 min 1500m, and 12 chin-ups. Think this will be good for 52-53 year old.

Last edited: