• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help please!

Dude, I like you, but losing your shit because you couldn't answer a simple question and just shutting down because you still can't answer that question is right up there...

And where did I say you should spend more time in the gym? Adding sets doesn't always mean more time, I think you are really hung up on this.

Where did I say adding kgs to the bar isn't key? No, it's not about about tonnage, that's why my 3 sets = 4000kgs, and my 4 sets = 4000kgs, it's the same...
It's not the same, by a long shot
Intensity of work differs greatly

and please explain how you do more sets but spend less time doing it

It's not the same, by a long shot
Intensity of work differs greatly

and please explain how you do more sets but spend less time doing it
At a guess i would say decrease the rest between sets and exercises or even superset which i find greatly reducess the workout time and generally kncreases intensity

Intensity = HP, or doing more work in less time
Volume = weight x reps x sets

Just so we are all clear and don't keep confusing the two

Crossfit, Powerlifting, or whatever, it doesn't change the definition

How do you do more sets in less time? Have you even been reading this thread? Or just thought you'd lob in and act like a cock just now?

Let's all pull the reigns in geez. Can't you guys discuss without getting all emotional. Group hug. C'mon.

As a beginner, it's best to just keep adding weight to the bar, and if you feel a burning desire to add volume, do it after your heavy sets for the day. IMO it's something you'd do for hypertrophy, but as stated previously, it's one of those controversial things.

That said, I see a LOT of people doing high volume who shouldn't be - the guys who I used to train with went on to do 10x10 for some reason and naturally went backwards in terms of weight on the bar. Who trains to get weaker?!

For me, upping the intensity can be doing more reps in a set (for assistance as it's a variable), or just taking less rest time between sets. I also agree that the single most important part of any program, no matter what it is, is effort. Again, I see a positive correlation between the amount of visible effort someone puts in to results gained.

nuseru8u.jpg

Intensity = HP, or doing more work in less time
Volume = weight x reps x sets

Just so we are all clear and don't keep confusing the two

Crossfit, Powerlifting, or whatever, it doesn't change the definition

How do you do more sets in less time? Have you even been reading this thread? Or just thought you'd lob in and act like a cock just now?
Thanks for the theory lesson High Road

See my avi pic? That's me at age 51 and I've seen you in your vids
theory is one thing but the proof is always in the pudding mate.

at at the end of the day the aim is to increase the weight on the bar, it is a good measure of progress.

Yes, I train mostly with moderate weights and short rests, but if my heavy days are not successful, lifting heavier weights I aimed for, then my training is not working.

My heavy days are indeed the key days; I just have to back off mostly around 10-14 days between.