• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN Pre workout 101 - tropical

canned tuna

Have picked up some of the new 101 from bn over a week ago, and am impressed with the product after about 5 uses..

Dosage size is 1.5-2 scoops per use

Focus - 7/10
I would rate this quite good. I feel quite dialled in on the task at hand and focused on my breathing during sets.. there is nothing outside of the gym on my mind

Energy - 5/10
Perhaps the stim days are behind us. I wouldn't describe there being much of a rush with my usage so far

Endurance - 9/10
I'm having amazing workouts in terms of endurance. My body says more but the muscle actually gets to a point it has nothing left. Usually I'll feel exhausted all round by the end.. not so much here

Taste - 2/10
Sorry to say. This tastes horrible. I now put a few tsp of sugar and block my nose

Consistency of powder and mixablitity - 10/10
This is a very fine powder and not so 'granular' like other powders. I think that makes it quite mixable

Overall I'd say this is a good product, and would buy the same again. Doesn't appear to be on par with some other pre workouts when it comes to energy rush, however the focus and sustained energy I experience gives this a good place in my supplement shelf

Really? I got some to use after my tub of The One ran out and then went and Boughy another tub because 101 is bunk. I even tried with double the dose (4 scoops, 24g) and it just made me feel off.

Good review Tuna... [MENTION=1719]whitty[/MENTION]; I reckon pwo's can be hit and miss for all of us sometimes.

I managed to get a tub of craze before it got shelved and it was ... ok I suppose?

Certainly did not effect ME the way it did some others. Then again, I've tried some that others seem immune to and been bringing up dinner towards the end of the workout.

Really? I got some to use after my tub of The One ran out and then went and Boughy another tub because 101 is bunk. I even tried with double the dose (4 scoops, 24g) and it just made me feel off.

Hmm perhaps the off feeling's from the large dose?, however I can see if someone was expecting an energy rush they would be left sorely disappointed.
Hopefully mine doesn't go doughy. Holding up well so far

Agreed with [MENTION=15762]Test-E[/MENTION]; ..

Love it and don't mind the taste, can't wait for the new one announced in todays newsletter though!

Thank you for the review, @canned tuna ;

Stimulants are a funny one, as mentioned, tolerances will greatly affect one to the other.
Pre Workout 101 is still a Pre Workout with validated WORKING ingredients that benefit the workout firstly though. The stimulant side of things were not the primary focus as what actually progresses you in a workout are the working amino acid ingredients such as Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate and Creatine.
These are primarily focused on for the purpose of a workout first receiving results and then, just in the background is the stimulant to get you through the workout. Albeit, still quite a very decent kick in the backside stimulant combination, but probably not if you are well experienced in previous stimulant Pre Workouts.

We do realise that in the past 3-5 years I would say, that the idea of a Pre Workout has changed. Reviews for a Pre Workout aren't for the working active amino acids anymore or the dosages they are displayed in the product but more so how fierce the stimulant "high" and pumps are. Reviews, for the most part, are only for the stimulant hit.

So we've responded ;)

There will be a new Pre Workout released for those that are only looking for the stimulant hit and it will be a good one.
We've had 10 very serious 'stimulant Pre Workout junkies' try this so far with great reviews.
Some adjusting and tweaking is needed and there is no ETA yet but here is first news about it in our April Newsletter: April 2014 Newsletter - our latest updates

Last edited:
New pre workout due tomorrow, excited to try it out (on my lunch break too, dangerous!). Sounds like it could be intense

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I want to know too mate, can't wait to see your review, I might order one or put a mega order through BN and claim it for free

Yeah I am slightly interested. Be keen to try sample before forking for it

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

New one is awesome!

Trained three times on it so far, I've never had creatine nitrate or AMP Citrate so the pumps were incredible. Didn't get an insane stimulant feeling but I also had a cold the first few times I used it so was hard to tell, suffice to say my workouts were great on it.

Given the tubs are so small, and I go double dose I'm only using NO3X on leg days and 101 on upper body days to keep the costs down.

New one is awesome!

Trained three times on it so far, I've never had creatine nitrate or AMP Citrate so the pumps were incredible. Didn't get an insane stimulant feeling but I also had a cold the first few times I used it so was hard to tell, suffice to say my workouts were great on it.

Given the tubs are so small, and I go double dose I'm only using NO3X on leg days and 101 on upper body days to keep the costs down.

Damn sounds good mate
I didn't get to try it today but will post up how it goes too

Yeeep
Preliminary opinion is pretty promising
Feel dialled in.. Great pump & energy stores to keep going during workout etc