• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power racks...

P

poissuu

Hey guys,
Sorry for my first post being a quest :(

But this has had me torn for a while about purchasing a power rack.

Is there anyone with experience or input at which rack is better:

Force USA F-PC
Force USA Power Rack w/ Band Attachments | Gym and Fitness

OR

Powertec Power rack
Powertec Power Rack

Muslce Motion Power rack
MMPR Power Rack

I Pretty much want to know which one is the sturdiest and will shake the least when using it. The Force rack has barely and reviews or anything on it and im not sure weather to risk it.
If there are any other power racks in Australia within this price range please let me know. I am already considering the Force over any other two but I dont know if it quality.

EDIT: After some searching, I found some more racks:

Bodysolid:
Buy Body Solid GPR378 Pro Power Rack | Fitness Market Australia

Bodyworx:
BODYWORX LU475PC

Revolution: This one looks alot like the force usa one
REVOLUTION POWER CAGE WITH LAT/ROW

Thanks

Last edited:
I can't help with a comparison of them but I use a mmpr nearly everyday without issue. It does move a bit if i dump the bar onto the pins but short of welding it together I'm not sure much can be done about it. It isn't a massive amount of movement anyway.

Got the muscle motion commercial rack. Solid as a rock. Will last as long as I am ever lifting weights.

Thanks for your input, I may start to lean towards the muscle motion rack more now, I just dont really feel the powertec one is long enough for me (I probably wont hit into it, its just I prefer to have more room) and the force usa might be of crap quality due to lack of reviews, it could be great, I just dont want to risk buying a shit rack. The only gripe the the Muscle motion is the dips bars which seem crap, as I do lots of weighted dips.

Got the dip bar for the MM rack. I hated it. Used a couple times then got rid of it.

I will say though when this was brought up here before everyone else with one liked the dip bars so I may be the only one.

So no one has any experience with the force usa rack? I really like its design, just unsure of the quality.
If i could get commercial I would, but price doesnt allow for that..... :(

How is the home edition? Is it sturdy with how much weight you lift, and does it move a lot when dipping and pulling. If the home edition is good then the f-pc has to be better.

For the weights I lift/push/pull its does the trick. I find it sturdy but found my muscle motion sturdier, but the MMPR was designed to cop more crap.

ok, the only reason why I dont really like the Muscle motion is that the dips bars are crap, also i dont really like the look of it, even though that is a little stupid

Also the Force rack is still appealing for the band pegs, close hook hole placements and the decent dips bars, and the pull up bar.

Last edited:
Dam this is actually a really hard decision between the three, I have one rack that is good except it looks like ass and has crappy dip handles, another that seems great but no feedback on so it could be trash,and another rack that weighs 85kg and may not be too sturdy!

This is so hard!!!

I have the force USA f-pc, great rack for the money. Sturdy and strong. Great dimensions and the pin/j hook holes are closer together compared to other budget racks so you can get them set exactly where you want them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the bodysolid one. Apart from below, I have no issue with it at all. There is enough space in there to do what is needed. I OHP outside of it.
I have the lat attachment and weight stack as well which I would assume stops it from moving a bit

- No dip bars, I made my own though.
- No weights storage.
- Wish the chin up bar had various angle grips and was a little higher, I am 6ft3 so probably going to have trouble with most racks.
- Some people complain about the spacing of the holes for the spotter bars.

Any other questions, feel free to ask

I have the force rack bought it off little bloke fitness on here as a package and it dose every thing it's supposed to do. the dip handles are a bit wobbly but I think I might join them with another bar to sort that out. i'm just under 170cm tall and can ohp inside it and the chin up bar is the perfect height for me. the closer holes are a bonus as I can get the safety's just right.
any other questions just ask?
where abouts are you located?

im in sydney, i dont think there is anywhere I can try it out which is annoying
ive heard some say the pull up bar bends a little, is this true? I will be doing weighted dips and pulls, would this be an issue. How much does the rack shake when you rack heavy weights on it?

Do is there anyone with experience in both the force and the powertec, that is what I really know, I am leaning towards the powertec for the space but if the force usa is considerably better il go for that

thanks so far

surely someone like gym and fitness have one set up in there show room you can have a look at?
as for the pull up bar bending mine doesn't but i'm under 65kg it seems very sturdy. the safties do bend and deflect a little when dipping and the dip bars wobble a little. both very minor things for me, i'll be joining the dip arms togther soon to stop most of that
and as for racking heavy weights I'm not sure I don't lift heaps but mine isn't bolted down and has a tinny bit of movement when racking
hope that helps a bit

Yeah thanks,
i was in the gym and fitness site they don't seen to have a store in Sydney but Their eBay listing says it is in sydney.
ill look I to it more I just really wanna know about that powertec rack. I'm also thinking holding of a little more and saving for commercial. The gym I go to has two hammer strength racks, problem is they close too early sometimes and they are always in use:(

so no one has ANY experience about the force rack in comparison with the powertec?