• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A little. Frequency is about to go up. Or back up... to squatting 2 and 3 times a week, deadlifting twice and benching 3-4 times a week. Most of my injuries have actually come from doing those things only once per week. Especially squats. I tend to "forget" how to do it after 5 or 6 days LOL.

Tim.

Trained for 12 years now and nothing has really changed to be honest....cant see if changing anytime soon....I always chop and change what sorta of exercises I do but the core of my workouts remain the same...

I've resolved to listen to my body better and back off a bit when the ageing joints start giving me grief, rather than the "she'll be right" approach. On my second back off week now and feel the better for it. Will go back in normal next week but if some exercise(s) start flaring them up again, they will be replaced altogether or altered weight wise and either increase volume or intensity.

Yes, I've just started deloading every month, which I have never done before and my body is thanking me for it.

Changed for better and worse..

Better as in I no longer make myself go every single damn day... i.e. over-training when I should be resting.

Worse as in I can no longer do some of the exercises I once excelled at due to wearing down / injury e.g. weighted dips, skull crushers...

I don't do the hardcore exercises religiously anymore. Like the deadlifts, squats and bench. I still do them but not week in week out. I do em as a functional thing and to make sure the strength is still there but now I like doing supersets, varying reps and exercises and so on.

Working harder than ever. First time I've ever been able to stay consistent, now that I'm not playing other sports and getting injured.

31 now. Strength training for about 5 or 6 years now. Hasn't changed all that much recently but I think in the near future, I'm going to drop the heavy compound stuff a bit.

I seem to be pretty injury prone with whatever sport I do but not keen on being a cripple anytime soon.

31 now. Strength training for about 5 or 6 years now. Hasn't changed all that much recently but I think in the near future, I'm going to drop the heavy compound stuff a bit.

I seem to be pretty injury prone with whatever sport I do but not keen on being a cripple anytime soon.

WTF, you're reaching your peak!

Going heavy and living in the 2 to 5 rep world takes it's toll, not just on muscle tissue but soft tissue and joints and all that shit.

The majority of my life was spent doing the higher rep, (multi joint)one to two set, quickly to the next exercise half hour duration type thing, I'm pretty good, pretty strong and full of energy, it's the time now takes to recover between workouts that I really need to be carful with.

i'm nearly at the verge of reducing my weekly workouts from three to two, at the moment, the third workout is less intense, the "work" that is.

WTF, you're reaching your peak!

Going heavy and living in the 2 to 5 rep world takes it's toll, not just on muscle tissue but soft tissue and joints and all that shit.

The majority of my life was spent doing the higher rep, (multi joint)one to two set, quickly to the next exercise half hour duration type thing, I'm pretty good, pretty strong and full of energy, it's the time now takes to recover between workouts that I really need to be carful with.

i'm nearly at the verge of reducing my weekly workouts from three to two, at the moment, the third workout is less intense, the "work" that is.

Just got an MRI yesterday and have a minor thoracic disc bulge so I'm feeling a bit down at the moment.

If the options are to lift a bit lighter and continue to lift or keep lifting heavy as possible until I'm broken I'll definitely go with option 1. It will be difficult to change my max spreadsheet from 1-5 to 10-15 I guess though. Got to do what you got to do.

Nah don't think it has changed all that much, then again I like to change things up reasonably frequently from low and high reps as well as exercises I do.