• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein intake and the anabolic response

show me the fat hippies? show me the proof im wrong? thats the same as you dismissing my idea your all fat for eating burgers.

yes there is truth behind it. never heard of preservatives? artificial flavours, colours, environmental factors affecting our endocrine system, noooo that doesn't happen

lalalalala, i pretend it doesn't happen therefore it doesn't happen to me.

HAHA!

Preservatives, colours and flavors. You mean those actually researched and found to be safe and allowed to be used. Yep.

Environmental factors. Like what.

Eat earth grown nutrients. Arsenic is found naturally in soil and foods. Must be safe then. Make sure you top up on arsenic, its natural. Must be great for you.

look deeper. im not your mother.

I'll let you in on a tip. You are not actually looking deeper even though you think you are. You are avoiding the actual science and jumping in sideways with all the fancy jargon, marketing and buzz words. They are not science or evidence of anything. Just all sounds good to get you to buy in with their program. Which you seem to have done head first.

look back 40yrs and see how much science is helping our population.

its about money, not health.

the science published is guiding that, making them feel its ok.

look back 40yrs and see how much science is helping our population.

its about money, not health.

the science published is guiding that, making them feel its ok.

I dear god. This is like arguing science with someone using religion as their argument. You can't win because they are not in the same reality.

In the last 30 years cancer survival rates increased by 50%. Aids patients are now expected to live normal life span, many diseases are now non existent. Bloody fucking evil science. The real answers are all in the hands of unqualified internet gurus selling books.

have you seen clips of the public from older "public film" not pictures.

over the last 30yrs cancer has also increased by more than its cured. stop cherry picking stats just to try and burn me...

edit: and increased per capita

where you think that comes from? maybe the food source?

[MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION]; give up man, you cannot convert the unconvertible.

I threw away all that nutrient timing mumbo jumbo a year or 2 back and haven't looked back. I still eat 3-4 meals per day with one of those being a shake (if i have protein left over). I may throw in a Quest bar if calories permit.

over the last 30yrs cancer has also increased by more than its cured. stop cherry picking stats just to try and burn me...

You are struggling.

First you are wrong. Mortality from cancer has decreased over the last 30 years.

Incidence of cancer has increased due to people living longer and our ability to detect cancer getting much much better.

Next.

your still using skewed paid for statistics. aka organics.

don't take it over the top, don't strain a heart beat over it man, you'll be right ;)

i find your avatar and interest in me disturbing. esp the attacking me and thinking literature is better? lol.
ie. there's hundreds of worse threads, but your explicitly targeting mine, i like it.

Bazza
What evidence could I present to you that would convince you that better insulin sensitivity will lead to more lean mass gained when you overeat compared to bad insulin sensitivity?

Bazza
What evidence could I present to you that would convince you that better insulin sensitivity will lead to more lean mass gained when you overeat compared to bad insulin sensitivity?

Not even the topic discussed being debated.

But I would be happy to see some research showing meal timing having any significant long term effect on muscle gain or body competition.

Bazza I am packing my shit up to go on holiday but I will gladly oblige all of this
You agree though that greater insulin sensitivity would lead to greater muscle gains over a more insulin sensitive individual when you overeat though right? It is kind of the pre-requisite so it has everything to do with the topic on hand. "Nutirent timing" is just eating in a way that makes you more insulin sensitive and eating most of your calories when you are most insulin sensitive and I'll happily provide the research that shows eating in this manner lowers insulin resistance, specific times when you're most insulin resistant and sensitive and that the more insulin resistant you are the more likely you are to put on fat over glycogen in the muscle when you overeat

I've posted this many times before

Isn't that the entire point of eating/having a shake directly after exercising? Or are you guys talking about people who don't workout?

Bazza I am packing my shit up to go on holiday but I will gladly oblige all of this
You agree though that greater insulin sensitivity would lead to greater muscle gains over a more insulin sensitive individual when you overeat though right? It is kind of the pre-requisite so it has everything to do with the topic on hand. "Nutirent timing" is just eating in a way that makes you more insulin sensitive and eating most of your calories when you are most insulin sensitive and I'll happily provide the research that shows eating in this manner lowers insulin resistance, specific times when you're most insulin resistant and sensitive and that the more insulin resistant you are the more likely you are to put on fat over glycogen in the muscle when you overeat

I've posted this many times before

Yet again not the question I asked.

Read my post again. If you can provide research on that I am interested. Otherwise I'm not interested in you changing the topic around to suit what you have.

This is a funny thread. Still fighting the good fight [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]!

There is some truth to nutrient timing having some importance but it is going to be the icing on the cake. Focus on energy balance first, appropriate macros and micros second and nutrient timing a distance third.

I tend to think that the obesity epidemic has more to do with the whole energy balance thing rather than what time of day people are eating their excess calories :p